“Average ”

Ranked #852 of 1,165 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My partner & I visited the Bombay Lounge on bank holiday Monday. They were doing all you can eat buffet for £6.95 & were extremely busy. The staff were polite & kept the food selection well replenished.
The selection was ok, but the food all tasted a little dull. Not bad but not that good either. The dessert available was a very sweet Indian rice and a bowl with some orange & apple pieces in it. I love Indian food but won't hurry to come back here. My partner isn't that keen on Indian but was happy to give it a try. She had a bit of an upset stomach afterwards, which maybe because just Indian food doesn't agree with her as I was ok.

There are newer reviews for Bombay Lounge

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

A good place offering small variety but clean and friendly. I liked the salad selection with the starters. I would go again

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was going to go to Days' Oriental Buffet last Sunday but balked at the huge price for a Sunday so went back to this restaurant that I had passed on the walk down town. A nice little restaurant with some nice friendly staff. The buffet was £6.95 on a Sunday lunch so I ordered a bottle of house wine for £10 which was very reasonable and was a Valpolicella. There is a smallish buffet area and a nice salad bar. The restaurant was half full when I walked in but during the lunch it filled up so that all but one of the tables were full. Popular with Orientals, who I think like the quite tough lamb in the meat curry, which was good and hot, but just a bot tough for me. Chicken curry was fabulous with soft, tender chicken with lots of onions and peppers, in a slightly watery sauce which could be thickened up in my view as it was very easy to spill it on the way back to the table. Delicious tarka dhall with big bits of garlic, nice little tandoori legs, fluffy small grained rice with the small black dots in ( could be cardamom) . I did not try the naan bread or the vegetable curry as I was full by this time. Staff told me on Saturday nights they also do chicken tikka mossala, not on offer this lunch. However the pakora were fairly cold and so were the onion bhajii and I wish I had not taken them, the bain marie is not man enough to keep these quantity of products hot. Otherwise, very good all round with nice fruit for pudding. Nice interior, paper napkins, did not visit loo, welcoming exterior, gay-friendly. Bit worried about the previous review as none of this rings true with me. Got given a loyalty card which gives free drinks and food the more you go. Will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Edward P
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Me and my girlfriend decided to come here after trying to decide where to eat for ages and what a mistake that was.. The staff were okay, they didn't seem very interested and I definitely wouldn't describe them as friendly. The food was absolutely awful, the curry was bland and watery (veg and chicken) the naan was hard and chewy, the rice was hard as it'd obviously been sitting there too long.. the Dahl was reasonable but not very tasty, and the poppadoms were fine but you can't really go wrong with them. My girlfriend found a hair in her food also.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

Thought I would try this rather than our usual vegetarian sister restaurant of this one, Bombay Aloo which is my favourite restaurant in Brighton and is excellent, as I don't eat meat and my husband does. They didn't offer me a reduction nevertheless. Food was ok, but meat and veg curry a bit bland. Was disappointed on the whole and will not be returning. Good value if you go in the happy hour though, which we didn't.