“Very tasty”

Ranked #878 of 1,224 Restaurants in Brighton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2015

Visited Palm Court today, have been before but not for a couple of years.
We organised a fish & chip lunch for 35 people from MX5 Owners club, we have had good feed back from our group saying that the fish & chips where excellent.
My wife and I both had cod & chips which was very nice, the fish was 1st class, could have done with a few more chips but that's just me.
The service was good, we all had our meals in front of us with-in 30 minutes, all 35 freshly cooked.
We will be coming back.

Reviewed 1 March 2015

I went for a meal today with my friend for her birthday. We were not meal checked and her meal was oily and brown..she was embarrased to complain so i forward3d this to the manager and he argued with us saying 'people like you probably complain and dont pay all the time , look i got a business to run and if you dont pay i will call police and security on you' not only did he offend me he also threatened us and was forced to pay even hough my friend didnt eat anything. I have put a formal complaint in to the general manager.. do not eat here he is rude!!

3  Thank hlsturgess
Reviewed 28 February 2015

The chips were poor and you hardly got any. Had to ask for more. Lots of crumby bits and some were burnt. The fish was lovely though.

Reviewed 22 February 2015 via mobile

Visited here yesterday before leaving Brighton and was thoroughly disappointed! This place is not cheap £12 something for a huge fish (which in my case consisted mainly of batter) chips and either beans or peas - therefore you would expect better service. Not in my case the service was rushed, and when our food arrived the beans were freezing cold and we asked for them to be warned up, may sound petty but for paying £12 per meal you expect some degree of warmth to the food including its sides!!!

On having then returned they were still freezing! My partner approached the manager and the manager seemed disgruntled by the fact that he needed to sort this out. He did sort this out though and eventually (near enough towards the end of our meals) we had our hot beans!

There were others around us that we're also complaining about their chips being cold etc! I think this is really bad considering the prices they expect their customers to pay! The food is pretty average for the price and you will find better and cheaper fish and chips on the seafront! Although I will say there calamari from this place is amazing!!

Reviewed 14 February 2015 via mobile

Visiting Brighton Pier for a romantic valentines get away, we decided to pop in and have a sit in meal.
We were directed to a lovely table looking over the sea, then had our order taken only a few minutes after being seated.
Our drinks arrived promptly and then that's when everything began to go wrong...
We had ordered a starter and main meal, it took nearly 30 minutes before we had our food served, but it was our main meal. We asked about what happened to our starter and all we got back was a blank stare, we insisted that we had ordered a starter and showed the waitress the order slip that was left at our table. The waitress then apologised and returned to the kitchen. About 10mins later the waitress then returned to apologise again and said our starter would be on its way.
30mins later and there was still no sign of our starter arriving.... Now feeling seriously hungry, we decided enough was enough and we got up to pay for our drinks. When we passed on our complaint to the bar/till staff he asked us to wait for a minute. He'd gone to fetch what looked like a manager(would of know had he bothered to introduce himself), we explained to him what had happened. All we got back was "Have you eaten any food" without so much as an apology I then replied no, the manager then walked off without telling us what was gonna happen. We then just walked off and left our money for the drinks on the counter. Really did not enjoy the experience, the food looked like it would of tasted nice but it sure as hell wasn't worth the wait for.