“great food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We have found this place by coincidence while walking around the small streets of brighton next to our hotel.
As we walked in, we were welcomed by a smartly presented and very polite waiter who offered us a choice of a table and followed us to the table where he offered us the menus.
We started our dinner with a bottle of house wine which wasn't bad considering the promotional price (below £10). As a starter I went for the fixed price option with mussels in white wine cream and my partner decided on crispy squid from the regular manu.
Both dishes were served within 10mins, portions were very generous (I know some places offering mussels as a main dish in similiar size) yet not too heavy, both nicely presented. Mussels were just great and the mixed herbs used gave the dish an interesting edge. My partner's squid came with a fresh salad on the side, was crispy and gently but nicely dressed.
As a main I ordered a fixed price chicken breast in lemon cream sauce with mash potato and a side of mixed leaves salad. My partner ordered a lasagne.
Lasagne arrived piping hot and my partner who loves all kinds of pasta dishes said, that it was one of the best lasagnes she has ever had in England.
My chicken was beautifuly cooked, tender and full of flavour. Worth mentioning is the fact that the fresh and crunchy side salad was of a size of a main itself which allowed us to share the salad.
As a dessert finally we had a strawberry cheesecake and that was a cherry on the top- the cheesecake was just fantastic! The best cheesecake we have had by miles!

To summarize- great food, friendly staff, relaxed atmosphere and what an amazing value for money!

Big thank you for this experience to all the stuff at 'Pasta Pizza' !

If we are ever back in brighton we will be definitely coming back to this Brasserie!

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

It was one of the best Italian restaurant I have ever been.food was perfect and service is on point . new people to adopt there job and getting experience it is good metal view and show case for others..but waitress are good enough to serve your food and taking care of you.i like the deco of the restaurant.i would love to go there again!!!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

My partner & I had lunch here for the first time it looked clean and very well decorated.
We were served by a nice young girl very helpful.
Our starters & mains were both amazing cooked to perfection.
On paying our bill we asked for the service charge to be taken off which they did with no problem. We then tipped our waitress.
A lovely friendly restaurant we will be back.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is the worst restaurant I have ever been in ,the food was appalling the service was bad with the staff unable to understand english ruined our evening couldn't wait to get out of the place , complete waste of money.

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Visited on the off-chance with friend for lunch. We had a gorgeous window table with a view over the New Steine straight down to the sea.
Both of us had salmon tagliatelle with brandy and cream sauce, tiramisu and filter coffee to follow.
We had excellent, attentive and very friendly service.
It seems very popular and great for a relaxed lunch for lovers of italian food.