“THIS IS NOT ITALIAN CUISINE!”

The Brasserie Pizza Pasta
Ranked #443 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dublin
“THIS IS NOT ITALIAN CUISINE!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We went to this restaurant on Friday 6 June 2014. I will say the restaurant décor is lovely. We ordered our food and had very high hopes.

I had prawn cocktail for starter. I had dripping wet iceberg lettuce on a plate with prawns on top and a sprinkle of dressing. I asked for more dressing and I got a SPRINKLE more. so was dripping in water and tasteless.

The main I requested was pasta Amatriciana (With smoked bacon, garlic chilli, onion & tomato sauce) and I got Arrabbiata (With tomato sauce, garlic, chilli & basil). I was that hungry I didn't mind. But what I did get was a bowl of pasta (loads of pasta) in very little tasteless tomato sauce. My partner got Pollo Mozzarella (Chicken breast in tomato sauce, mozzarella & a tohiie toine sauce). He got reheated dry HARD chicken flat breast covered in tasteless tomato sauce.

I called the waitress (who was v nice) and she called her manager (Jahed). Jahed was not at all friendly and I told him we couldn't eat it and weren't paying for it. He replied very snappily "you had a starter yes" my partner said yes and he snapped "that will be 5.99" never mind the fact we had a bottle of red wine also.

Mr. Jahed Rajed (owners (Mamu) Son) was rude and very unprofessional and I am not surprised there was no one in the restaurant. The food was nothing like Italian and the Jahed Rajed was a disgrace let alone a Manager.

Worst meal of my life.

Andrea.

• Visited June 2014

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Good Italian”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a most enjoyable meal here one evening last week and thought the Brasserie was very good value. Service was prompt, efficient and unobtrusive. We decided to chose from the a la carte menu but the set menu looked a very good deal. We would be happy to return here again.

• Visited June 2014
“Very tasty, good service”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We ate here on a livingsocial deal, two pasta or pizza dishes for £7, which was astonishing value, considering the dishes to choose from ranged from around £7-£10 each.

Has a very snazzy, contemporary feel, not at all traditionally Italian but lovely all the same and would be quite a romantic setting in the evening.

We would have both finished our food had we not been so full; we both had pasta dishes and a tricolore for starter; all cooked perfectly and with delicious flavour.

• Visited May 2014
Guildford
“Evening meal”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Arrived quite late, made to feel welcome and thoroughly enjoyed the large pizza freshly cooked in traditional oven.

Visited April 2014
bedfordshire
“nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice atmosphere, good food we chose from the set menu 2 courses for £10.95. Would be happy to go again if we are in Brighton.

• Visited May 2014