“Brilliant place to spend an evening”
Review of Dig In The Ribs

Dig In The Ribs
Ranked #618 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I visited recently and was struck by the fun and authentic atmosphere. There was a real rustic feel to the place, with superb music and a cool interior. The service was really friendly and made me feel right at home. Delicious food too! It's a place that bucks the trend, and is a welcome escape from the homogeneous chain restaurants that seem to have taken over Brighton. I will definitely be back!

1  Thank Traveltime350

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Food was decent and not too expensive, atmosphere was a bit strange. Staff were okay, a bit slow considering it was very empty.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Average food, average atmosphere and average staff. Just as well it was quite reasonably priced otherwise it would be disappointing. Its just so very average.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was in a party of 6 on Saturday 23-3-2014 had a steak meal & it was cold & dry. I don't like complaining but should have sent it back as it was poor but not as bad as my friend who did send his back. The butter didn't even melt on his corn on the cob it was that cold. As it was his Birthday it made it even more disappointing. The doorway to the left behind the stairs is absolutely filthy and the general appearance of the place could do with a thoroughly good clean ,the males of the party had to use the ladies as the lights where not working over the cubical in the gents, however we did enjoy the Kylie Minogue songs very 80's staff friendly but seemed to be rushed to remove plates from tables. I wont be going back again & wouldn't recommend this place to friends.
i have read other comments "come on manager give this place a proper clean"

UmamiTrail, General Manager at Dig In The Ribs, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2014

Hi there. I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us – I'm surprised to hear about the temperature of your food, we have always served additional butter very cold in case our customers want to remove it from their meal; thank you for bring this to our attention, it is something that we are now reconsidering. We are now renewing our decor, hopefully you will consider giving us another try in the future :)

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

Went here for my Birthday and was Very Disappointed!! Staff were friendly and brilliant!!! But food was poor and cold and place felt very old and tired. Used to be good here years ago and wasn't the nice memory I had when I last visited!!!Would Never go back here ever again!!!! Also my mates burger was raw and all our food was very cold and dry!!! Even the butter on the corn was rock solid and didn't melt I actually felt a bit sick as it didn't feel particularly clean in this restaurant!!! I don't like complaining about things but I had to as it was a Birthday I'd never forget and upset me!!!!

Hi there. I’m sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us – I'm surprised to hear about the temperature of your food and the level of doneness of your burger. it is something that I have since followed up with our team, which came down to miscommunication on the night; thank you for bring this to our attention. We are now renewing our decor, hopefully you will consider giving us another try in the future :)