“Excellent Hotel and good value for money.”

Brighton Marina House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 93 Brighton B&B and Inns
Saint Julian's, Malta
“Excellent Hotel and good value for money.”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I have stayed at the Marina House Hotel for ten days and I have no complain what so ever. good experience
The hotel is run by a couple Susanne and Telly and they keep the place in ship shape always on the go improving the rooms. All the rooms are
Different and great care was taken to be unique. The heating is also very good, Breakfast was excellent, and I used to sit across the kitchen where I enjoyed watching Telly prepare breakfast to perfection. Susanne was always there to help Tally and greeting the gests and helping Tally in the kitchen. I must say I have bean to many hotels but I have never bean so comfortable. Thank you for your hospitality I Will be back and I will be recommending the Marina House Hotel to everyone we know. keep up the good work

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 February 2012

It was altogether good experience start from warm welcome to check out. Kind of interaction with guest was more like a family fellow, telly owner of Hotel is very talkative and having sound knowledge about surroundings like places to visit. I would not hesitate to share excellent rating for marina hotel in Brighton because of three reason : Less cost, Good breakfast :) and family environment.

Thanks.
Umesh Chauhan

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

A very memorable stay. With clean, cosy and comfortable rooms. With a very good location, close to the pier. The marina house hotel has lovely decor and a warm feel throughout. The breakfast was very good too with so much flavour. I Highly recommend it to couples of all ages. Thank you for your hospitality Suzie and Telly. Be sure to return soon!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Ic1987
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We booked this hotel because my wife was running the half marathon and it was very close to the start. we were booked in by Suzie who showed us to our rooms and was very helpfull advising us of local places to go, and things to do. She made us feel more than welcome.
On the morning of the race my wife was offered breakfast, she opted for porridge and banana (obvious choice) i think there was 3 or 4 different types, i took the full english option, which was cooked for me by Suzies partner Telly, it was amazing, totally grease free, unlike many other breakfasts ive had, there was also an array of cereals and fruit to graze on whilst the cooking was being done,
We went off to the run and was asked if we would like a late check out and no extra cost because of the race times, to which my wife jumped at. (the thought of a hot shower after a run without rushing) bliss !!!!
We have already re booked for the full marathon and cannot wait to return,
to top it off Suzie was even down at the Finish Line to cheer on my wife, well not just for my wife she was cheering on her friends that live locally, but my wife, who was not expecting anybody apart from me to call out her name, said it gave her the biggest boost when she heard Suzie (a stranger until the day before) calling out her name and cheering her on.
I will be recommending Suzie and Tellys B&B to everyone we know.
We had a great stay, keep up the good work Suzie and Telly

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 February 2012

If you want comfort, lovely hospitatlity, beautiful rooms, then this is the place to be. Suzie and Tele are a lovely couple who make your stay so nice,you really don't want to leave! Chocolates roses and balloon in the room, and they couldnt have made us more welcome. They have started to put their own stamp on the place and it's absolutely beauitul if you love the French inspirarion then this is the place for you. I loved all the personnal little touches such as, heart shaped napkin rings at breakfast, mints with your tea and coffee. And if you like a full english then Tele does the most amazing breakfast we have ever had, his mushrooms were to die for.
We certainally have found a gem and will certainally be going back if not just to see how the Moulin Rouge room and new kitchen turned out. Not only have we found a great place to stay but hopefully new friends too.

Room Tip: Once they have finished the rooms, I think any room would be great to stay in.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pemburydramaqueen
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Our stay at the Marina house was a five star experience from the moment our hosts welcomed us to the moment we left.. Telly and Sue were terriffic hosts and they are so easy to get on with and very genuine people. I spoke to Susie the day before our arrival, mentioned my girlfriends bithday and she made sure we had fresh flowers, chocolates and a helmium happy birthday balloon in our room when we arrived, a great and welcome suprise for my lady... Tellys breakfasts are superbly presented and tasted even better, an experience not to be missed. We felt at home immediately and our hosts keep their house clean, warm and very comfortable. They are in the process of re inventing some of the rooms and we will certainly be back to stay next time we visit Brighton.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Upminster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2012

My stay at the Brighton Marina House Hotel was extremely pleasurable .The owners,Telly and Suzie ,greeted me on arrival. They were warm , hospitable and helpful .Nothing was too much trouble and i was made to feel very welcome.The hotel was spotlessly clean and beautifully presented . Some of the bedrooms were themed , i enjoyed the ambience and comfort of the morrocan room At breakfast there was a good selection of options available , I chose the full english breakfast.This was generous and carefully prepared by Telly with attention to detail. The locationof the hotel was perfect for me ,situated in a favourable quiet street just off the seafront . so not noisy at all but within easy walking distance of Brightons popular attractions , restaurants, cafes and bars . I have no hessitation in recommending this hotel and look forward to returning later in the year .

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo