“Great location”

Ranked #7 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Stayed here for a mid week break - great location in the middle of Brightons shopping area. Easy walking to the Pavilion , Pier, the Lanes and North Laine. Hotel itself is a little unassuming - entrance is between a subway and a "Pound Store " from memory - would be easy to miss ! Check in is on 1st Floor - although no signs to really indicate that. Assistant was very helpful and decided to move us to another room as we would have been surrounded by a hen party ( a regular event in Brighton these days) . However this seemed to cause some system problems but we eventually ended up with a nice large twin on the 7th Floor with partial views over the sea and the pier.
Room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable - sound proofing and air con worked very well. However there was one major problem - the lift stops at the 6th floor so needed to climb a fairly steep set of stairs to get to the 7th. Why would anyone design a building with a lift that doesn't reach the top?? Not a major problem for us as we were travelling light - but if you have heavy bags - or problems with stairs then avoid the 7th floor.
Breakfast was fine most mornings - good variety and replenished frequently. Downside on last morning was that we followed two large hen parties in who kept getting to the food before we could !! Judging by the look of some of them I didn't want to argue - especially the rather large tattooed lady who thought 8 sausages constituted a balanced diet!!

Room Tip: Avoid 7th Floor if you don't like stairs (lift stops at 6!)
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

I was in Brighton one night and needed somewhere to stay for the night or two.
I went up to the reception and a skinny talk Eastern European women was at the desk. I asked for a room, very Rudely and in a condescending manner she said no I asked why she shrugged her shoulders and said we don't have any rooms. I asked if she was sure and she offended that I asked and reminded me she was the manager.
I left, got in my car. I got out my trusty iphone and went on their site. They did have rooms available, the first night was £160ish while the second night was £52. I booked with my card and went back in to the reception in a space of 5 minutes. Same lady at the desk I asked if she was adamant she didn't have any rooms. She said no. I then gave her my booking number. She had no explanation.
Anyway I stated the two night and left.
One month later I got charged an extra 150 on my card.
When I called up and asked what this was for they said that in the terms and conditions which I had electronically signed I had given them permission to do that. I asked why,
here is the good bit.
They said that the cleaners saw evidence of me smoking in the room and they had to clean out the room and that they weren't able to rent it out for a day.
Why I said this was the good bit is that I don't smoke neither does my partner who I was with.

Customer service is a joke they basically said that I was lying.
I will never stay with this company again
Your better off going to one of the local honest BnBs where they have experience in one to one customer experience

• Stayed August 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Social Media at Premier Inn Brighton City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

My wife and I looked for a hotel near to Symphony Hall and this came up. Based on commenst from others we decided to book and we were not disappointed. The hotel is close to the center of Birmingham, has excellent rooms, is very quiet and has extremely friendly and helpfull staff. We often go to concerts in Birmingham and this will be the hotel we choose in future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Me & my partner have just returned from a 2 night break in premier inn with our 4 month old baby.

The rooms are just perfect! Very clean & spacious, we also had a travel cot put up for us & still had plenty of room! The air con was a must as we have previously stayed in the travel lodge which was too stuffy & now with a young baby it would of been awful without!

The staff were friendly & helpful, ordering us taxis & making coffees (which are free) in the bar/restaurant area, all the little things that made our stay pleasant.

Will stay nowhere else now apart from the premier inn :)

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sophii-Louise
bedford
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights only paid £121 which for brighton is a very good price! The roo. Was spotless had air conditiong and the shower was very powerful. The beds are amazing and the room housekeeping was excellent!! We requested a cot which was put up on arrival. All staff were very helpfull, even held our luggage on our last day for free so we could spend the last day in brighton. Hotel is in excellent postion plus nice bar and drinks selection. Will be returning very soon!! Thanks for a brilliant holiday!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great hotel with friendly staff. Only downside is car parking charges even with 25% discount!
Good location in centre of brighton and the family room was really spacious. Bathroom clean and functional but could do with a bit of modernisation. Would stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
South Cave, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We decided to give the Premier Inn a try, after all Lenny Henry says it's ok. Firstly don.t believe that the £49 per night applies to all Inns because it certainly doesn't but even so we were happy with the price charged for 2 for Bed/Breakfast in Brighton. The location was excellent, everywhere we wanted to visit was in walking distance. The staff were friendly, the room unexceptional (bedside lighting very poor) but bed a good size and very comfortable. Typical cooked breakfast was satisfactory but continental on the
poor side with ,not enough variety of fruit and no cheese. The price they charge for breakfast, however, is very reasonable compared to other hotels so it was acceptable. Also good to be able to eat on site, too .Overall we had no major complaints except for the fact that they have no on-site parking but 25% discount is offered in car park behind the hotel. If you use this car park and you have a large vehicle be sure to enter using the car park entrance lane on the left because we learnt to our cost that there is not much turn on the other lane, we now have to have an alloy wheel refurbished- take a look at the kerb on the turn and you will see how many other drivers have been caught out.

1 Thank Barbar R