Basics then... the hotel is perfectly located for Brighton city centre and it's a hotel.
Right then. Check in staff - abysmal. Was barked orders at through the whole experience. I've stayed in Premier Inn's before and this was by far the worst reception staff I've encountered - but I ended up with a room key and I paid for the room in advance, as is the norm for Premier Inn's.
The room was on the 4th floor and was a disabled equipped room (I'm not disabled) and therefore huge! In fact, because Premier Inn's are quite sparse in their furnishing, it was a little too big and felt quite cold and empty rather than comfortable.
The bed was superb and very comfortable. Good marks here folks.
I took a drink in the bar, which was interesting. Sat at the bar to order, was advised "I'll be right back" and then promptly waited for 10 minutes for him to return. When he did, he then counted change, put some wine in the fridge etc, basically anything that didn't involve serving me. Eventually I got served, but it was hardly service with a smile!
We didn't eat in the restaurant, so I can't comment.
A good night's sleep was had, but there are definitely some odd characters who hang about the front of the hotel - but this could be the risk with any city centre hotel location. But, whether it was my perceptions of the place and the types of people who were staying in the hotel, I just didn't feel "comfortable" for the entire time I stayed here.
Breakfast in the morning was lovely and it must have been different staff as the welcome was excellent, as was the food. Nicely cooked, nicely presented and plenty of it. Well worth the cost.
Generally - it would be the last resort for me if I stayed in Brighton again. The room cost was £79.00 (don't be fooled, I've never stayed in a Premier Inn at any of their advertised special pricing - ie £29.00) - this puts the hotel squarely in the bracket of Holiday Inn Express, Jury's Inn etc etc, which are far more comfortable and welcoming than this place. Budget hotels need to transparent about their pricing - if I had paid £30-50 for this room, I would have a written a very different review - but at £80.00, it's a whole different ball game and yes, that extra £30 does change expectations on quality of service, the ability to room charge bar drinks and food etc and not having to pay in advance with the perceived attitude that you're going to run off without paying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You're rarely more than 10 minutes from the action when you stay at the Premier Inn Hotel Brighton City Centre. From the lavish Royal Pavilion and buzzing Pier, to the lively lanes and brilliant boutiques, discover this seaside city's many surprises right on your doorstep. And there's plenty more to see if you've got a little extra time. People-watch on the legendary beach, dive into the Sea Life Centre or try your luck at the races. Then when it's time to wind down, enjoy our tasty Thyme restaurant, spacious rooms and comfy beds. Important info Bedrooms are insulated to minimise possible noise disturbance in this major city centre location. Car parking is available a short distance from this Premier Inn - for which an additional fee will be charged. Please note, the disabled rooms at this hotel have baths only. No wet rooms available. Please note that all twin rooms at this hotel consist of a double bed and a single sofa bed. Directions: Directions to hotel front - From A23, follow signs to City Centre. Turn right (filter lane) at lights before The Royal Pavilion onto Church St. Take 1st available left onto Portland St. Continue to end of the road then turn left again. Hotel entrance will be on your left. (sat nav BN1 1RE) Directions to RCP Car Park - From A23, turn right onto North Rd. Continue along North Rd until you reach RCP Parking on your left. Discounted rate of 10 GBP per 24 hours is available to hotel guests - please validate your token at reception. This car park is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. (max height 6ft). Car park sat nav BN1 1YR Transport and local information: Brighton Centre Concerts & Conferences The Lanes Shopping Royal Brighton Pavilion Historic Site Brighton Train Station 0.25 mile ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Premier Inn Brighton City Centre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Brighton City Centre Hotel Brighton
- Brighton Premier Inn
- Brighton Inn Premier Travel