“A catastrophe!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
Nantes, France
“A catastrophe!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Good location, nice building. But receptionist was horrible and rude, room was filthy ( entire lipstick mark on glass, hair in bed) decoration was kitch, room was tiny, no sound proof what-so-ever. Expensive. Terrible hotel! Stay well clear!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank hannahleriv
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
You arrived at 11 o'clock in the evening with your children and although it is against our policy we agreed to give you the room as it was so late. We are therefore very disappointed to receive this (what we consider to be unfair) review bearing in mind we had done our best to help you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

We enjoyed the stay here with helpful manageress, although the room was small, it had all facilities and comfy bed. The staircase was a bit tired but the room was clean and fresh. Close to Churchill Sq shops too. Worth the upgrade to the four poster sea view room overlooking Regency Square where parked for £9.50 for 24 hours

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wayzgoose110
Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you to the Prince Regent Hotel in the future.
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

im staying in brighton with my friends and we booked this hotel over the phone.
The room is clean and tidy and the location couldn't get better its near town as well
as the beach. With the sun out in brighton at the moment it is a very good place to stay.

Room Tip: room 102 is very nice!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2013
Thank you very much for your stay with Prince Regent Hotel, we will be happy to see you again!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Booked a single room last minute. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room had everything I needed, En suite, tv, tea/coffee making facilities. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank VinceN
Thank you very much for your stay with Prince Regent Hotel and for your nice comments, we will be happy to see you again!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

I planned a last minute trip to Brighton and searched for a good deal for hotels. I came across the Prince Regent Hotel and after speaking to a gentleman named Alex, made a reservation for 3 nights at £30 per night. Having looked at the website, I couldn't believe my luck. Result I thought ... Wrong! Alex told me I could book in any time from 2pm upon my arrival. So I arrive in Brighton, boiling heat, large case to book in ... I waited for an hour outside knocking on the door, phoning non-stop all to no avail. No-one was there, which I thought was extremely rude and unprofessional. Not wanting to be stranded in Brighton with nowhere to stay, I luckilly found another hotel round the corner. When I told them what had happened, they more or less told me I had a lucky escape and reading the reviews on here, I can now see why. I did try to cancel my reservation but even later that day, still no-one was bothering to answer the phone. Luckilly, I didn't pay any money up front. I do not recommend going anywhere near this hotel especially after reading the less than flattering reviews on here,

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LFF74
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you for your comment. I am truly sorry about your experience. However, it is not clear from your comment what time you arrived. Our working hours are from 9am to 9pm, so if you arrived after 9pm the hotel would have been closed. If you did check our website, then you have probably seen this information there. During the day the hotel door is always open and there is always staff for your service during the opening hours.

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

i have spoken to the hotel manager many times, she is always professional and helpful! well done on running on a good hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flyhalf g
Hellenk17, Owner at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Thank you very much for your stay and your nice comment! I am looking forward to welcoming you again!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

This place needs to be SHUT DOWN. I booked via a third party website before reading the reviews here. They are putting it politely. I left with an itch and bites which my GP later told me were from bedbugs which I had brought home to my partner and child.
Absolutely disgusting.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank LadyEpicuria
Thank you for your comment and I am truly sorry about your experience. We reacted straight away to your report about bedbugs and pest control was called out straight away. Full inspection of the hotel was carried out, no bedbugs were found, however just in case all the rooms were sprayed by pest control. Most likely the bedbugs you brought home were brought from train or elsewhere. Again, truly sorry about your experience and hope you and your family members are well.