“Pretty good for a couple of nights”

Prince Regent Hotel
Ranked #38 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
“Pretty good for a couple of nights”
Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

I was in Brighton for a couple a weekend and my girlfriend booked this place for us, when I read the reviews on trip advisor I was not looking forward to the experience but the place was pretty good it was clean it was close to the Center I the the city the host was very good and hospitable and the place was beautiful, the rooms are a little small but if u get the sea view then they are just great. It made in an older fashion which adds to the charm. All in all I had a good time at the prince regent.

• Stayed July 2013
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review!

We will be happy to welcome you again in the Prince Regent Hotel!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Dorking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My Partner and I booked a 2 night stay a the Prince Regent Hotel. The stair carpet is a complete disgrace, worn and ill fitting - somebody will have an accident before long.

The rooms are tired and very stuffy. We had an adjoining room, which though well secured from access from other rooms, the occupants next door might as well have been in the room with us as you could hear every word of their conversation.

We are regular weekend visitors to Brighton and will continue to do this, however will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MJC699
Hellenk17, Manager at Prince Regent Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for your review.

Since your stay, the hotel has been under constant renovation, including the carpets have been changed throughout the Hotel. I am sure you will be able to enjoy our improved interior if you decide to stay with us again. Please call reception directly for offers.

Travellers are raving about these Brighton hotels

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

location was fab (5/10 min walk into centre) the room was small and gaudily decorated but it was clean and the staff were helpful, it was worth the price, but if i come back to brighton i wouldnt stay again....

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review.

All our rooms are individually decorated. Upon room availability in the hotel, we can always provide another room with another décor, if you are not happy with your current room. Also there are photos of each room provided for your information. So, if you decide to stay with us again, please choose a room you like, and we will do our best to save it for your arrival.
milton keynes
Reviewed 12 July 2013

My girlfriend decided to take me away for a coupe of days for my birthday, and to be honest being such short notice I booked this hovel without reading any reviews from tripadvisor BIG MISTAKE!!!!!
Upon arrival we where met by a very nice landlady (1st floor reception) the stairs where narrow and very dangerous due to the old thread bare carpet coming away, we stayed in room 203 with a sea view and a four poster bed, the room was so small that myself and my girlfriend could not pass at the same time to get to the shabby cupboards, it was dirty, shabby, and distasteful the décor was a joke trying to be regency (being a decorator don't make me laugh)!!!!!
The shower room was dirty, the floor uneven, extractor fan not working and 2 hot taps???
Bedroom carpet dirty décor shabby bedside table uneven bed sheets stained plasma tv (ha ha ha) did not work!!! under the bed was debis from electrical works under taken (for what god knows)???

The breakfast is at an extra cost a short walk from the said hotel where we found the staff to be rude and the food awful!!!!

Having read many reviews since returning home the open response from the hotel is 'Thankyou for your comments' upon having so many bad reviews I don't want your thanks just do something about your disgusting establishment!!!!!

Room Tip: don't go there!!!
Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sunburntMiltonKeynes
Thank you for your review.

Since your stay, the hotel has been under constant renovation, including the carpets have been changed throughout the Hotel. You will be able to enjoy our improved interior if you decide to stay with us again. However, if you need a bigger room, please state this in special requests upon booking, as the room you have stayed in is a standard double. If something in the room does not work - it can always be fixed straight away, but only if you let staff know about the problem. There is always a member of staff on duty during our opening hours and we are always happy to help! So, if you will ever be in Brighton again, please call reception for a special offer, and we will be happy to welcome you again in out Hotel!
london
Reviewed 10 July 2013 via mobile

I was looking for a place in Brighton to take my wife away for the weekend for her birthday. We have two dogs and wanted to take them with us.
We googled 'dog friendly' accommodation in the area and not many came up being available as it was a bank holiday weekend.

We phoned this 'hotel' and the very friendly man on the phone quoted us £220 for two nights . Dogs welcome. Stating we had a "superior double" room.

On our arrival we were greeted by the owner/manager same man we spoke to on the phone who was friendly and welcoming. This was when the positives of this stay ended. At the front door.

The decor of the 'hotel' is old fashioned and would only appeal to a very select taste. We thought it vulgar and ugly.

Once taken to our room , we were horrified. Firstly at how tiny the room was for two people, two dogs and luggage with Zero storage. You could barely walk around the bed without touching the dirty walls. The room decor was old, tatty and quite vile.
Holes and Staines in the carpets, dirt and grime throughout this small bedroom . Cracks in the paintwork and generally grubby.

Onto the 'bathroom' . Three words.
Dirty. Shabby. Terrible.

There was a sign on the shower glass door on a tatty piece of paper, handwritten 'please run the hot water tap before turning on the shower'
when we did this it made a loud cranking noise! We were scared the water tank was going to burst !!

We would have moved hotels there and then if we didn't have dogs with us but we were kind of stuck there.

I would never ever stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone else. The only positive was the friendly man that greeted us.

Worst £220 I've ever spent! I wish now I'd taken photos as you have to see this place to believe just how bad it is.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Thepitt999
Thank you for your review.

If you check our page on booking.com - you will be able to see our Hotel policies, which clearly state that pets are not allowed in the Hotel. Possibly, the hotel you have stayed in was a next door hotel - Regency Hotel, who allow pets. This makes your review completely wrong. Please double check the name on the hotel you stayed in.
Bremnes, Hordaland, Norway
Reviewed 6 July 2013

As a traveling musician I booked this hotel because of the reasonable price. I wasn't sure what I would find, but I didn't expect a Regency treasure, which this grand, beautiful place is, from the age of the building (built in 1820) to the lovingly preserved period details. The decor in the lobby and most of the rooms is faithful to the age of the Regency, with beautiful tapestry, statuary and frescos kept in pristine condition. It was like stepping back through time into an early 19th-century mansion but with all the modern amenities, and it was close to the centre of town. The landlady could not have been more gracious and kind, and made it clear that if I had any questions or requests, she would do her best to meet them. Most of the rooms are consistent with Regency decorating; my own room was a charming, immaculate retro-1960's blue room that faced Regency Square and the sea and had all I needed. If you're a student of history and literature, or simply love romantic novels and films, this is the place for you! I've stayed in many hotels but this was the finest. Brighton was made even more special on my trip because of staying in such a gem, and when I return--and I will!..I'll be bringing the whole family with me!

Room Tip: The landlady gave me a tour of the hotel and though most have Regency decor, there are some that are...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sally S
Thank you so much for your review!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We will be happy to welcome you back again!
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Although this was a last minute booking and a parking space was provided for a "cheaper" cost - the hotel is tired, dusty, unsafe carpets and beyond being a pleasure.

Although the "manageress" was polite and we did not find her as described in some of the other reviews, this did not improve the tardy state of repair, the out of date decor and bedding, the "shower" - which should be referred to as a "dribbler" really - and the general poor accommodation on offer. Shame as the location is central to the main thoroughfare and the Regent Square is lovely spot. The building itself has so much more to offer.

Great potential but I wish I had taken heed of the other reviews - before booking! Believe most of what is said about the state of the rooms - and don't trip and break a leg or neck on the insecure carpets that are present on the stairs!!

Room Tip: Consider elsewhere unless you want really basic, have no intention of spending any time in the room...
Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your comments.

The NCP car park in front of the hotel costs £25.20 per 24h (see NCP website http://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/brighton-centre-russell-road/), whereas we charge £12 per 24h, although spaces are limited.

Since your stay in 2012, the hotel has been under constant renovation, including the carpets have been changed throughout the hotel in 2013. I am sure you will be able to enjoy our improved interior if you decide to stay with us again. Please call reception directly for offers.