“Best Seafood and 'banter' in Brighton”

The Brighton Shellfish & Oyster Bar
Ranked #35 of 1,140 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch
Description: We are back & going strong already , with reviews flowing. Its the 2017 season & we have added a new product again this year. Come on down to try our excellent fresh filled bread rolls. Favourites, yes we have 2 already: Fresh local lobster with mayo, gherkin with a dusting of cayenne pepper, WOW. Our very own Crab mayo bread roll & a fresh prawn topping is also at the top of the charts. We have also added more tables on the beach. Come on down , grab yourself some delicious shellfish & relax overlooking the big blue sea...
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Best Seafood and 'banter' in Brighton”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Although we live near Leicester we visit Brighton at least 4 times a year, and when these visits coincide with Linda & Cliff's opening times we eat there often. The food is really fresh and tasty and we are always made to feel most welcome. Cliff and my husband tease each other mercilessly but that only adds to the friendly atmosphere! Don't miss 'nibbling' here - you'll come back again and again! Kind regards, Sally

1 Thank Sally C
Cliffbrighton, Owner at The Brighton Shellfish & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Ha, Ha, I know who this . Hi Sally , how is the old boy. It was good to see you all again. Thank s for a great review. We will look forward to seeing you next year & yes bring the old boy.
Best regards Cliff & Linda

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Beckenham, United Kingdom
“Delicious fresh and loads of variety to choose from!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

You'd be hard pressed to find better quality or value anywhere....the owners of the Bar make it a very fun place to visit too!!

• Visited August 2013
Cliffbrighton, Owner at The Brighton Shellfish & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
What a great review. Thank you, we look forward to seeing you again in the near future
Regards
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, warm and friendly staff, great experience!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I visited this shellfish bar today because I love good seafood and I had read the great reviews on here. It did not disappoint!
Although the Brighton weather was a bit gloomy, the reception was very warm! The seafood was excellent and very well priced. I had 1/2 a dozen oysters and a pot of fresh lobster. It was as high a standard as any fruits de mer platter in any top London restaurant, and far cheaper!
The staff were very knowledgeable and recommended their delightful homemade sauces, and even when not to use their sauces (just a touch of lemon and pepper on the lobster). An absolute treat. I can't wait to go back!

2 Thank Paul B
Cliffbrighton, Owner at The Brighton Shellfish & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you. I get a great buzz from great reviews. I am pleased we are doing our job to you satisfaction.
Thank you again for this review. We hope to see you again very soon
Regards Cliff
London, United Kingdom
“Would prefer another store nearby”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We got a seafood salad and a lobster tail.

The seafood salad tastes nice but got a bit disappointed since the variety isn't impressive. We've tried the one next door with small lobster. The lobster tail is huge but is quite disappointed. I know we can't expect much for imitated lobster tail but still the texture and flavour make me feel that I am chewing nothing more than artificially flavoured carbohydrates.

• Visited August 2013
lindajean1957, Owner at The Brighton Shellfish & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 24 August 2013
Thank you for your review. I am a bit confused as to the variety in our seafood salad!
You say it lacks variety. |There are at least 9 different seafood items including King prawns & octopus to mention just 2.
Maybe on the occasion that you had this it had not been mixed properly, for this I apologise.
As for the imitation lobster tail, yes this is a rather large piece of seafood. I agree. I am however surprised that you found this disappointing as it is an imitation as marked on the label & there is Fresh lobster available if you wanted it.
We also offer in excess of 16 different sauces & vinegars (mostly Homemade) for you to choose from.
Again I sorry you were not impressed by our products, but I really don't know what I can do to improve on the Seafood salad apart from thoroughly mixing the 9 different shellfish products in it.
Regards
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely seafood”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

I have been here several times and make a bee line for it as soon as I get to Brighton. The staff are really friendly and there seafood is divine. I love their oysters and the condiments to go with them are the best I've had. Try the chilli and lime

• Visited August 2013
BrightonShellfish, Owner at The Brighton Shellfish & Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you for your great review. We just think they are great. We will continue to strive on to get further great reviews just like yours.
Thanks again