“Wonderful place”

Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Exquisite French Patisserie and Café serving breakfast, light lunches and afternoon tea. We only use the finest ingredients to create beautiful and delicious cakes along with 12 sumptuous flavours of macarons. We served premium organic coffee and loose leave tea. Gorgeous birthday cake available daily. Bespoke celebration & wedding cake made to order. Macarons tower and favours also available.
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Very easy to find, right next to the train station. It's a small French patisserie along the main road towards the beach. I have nothing but praise for this place - the staff were absolutely lovely and welcoming, the macaroons were the best I've tried, and I tried a homemade lime ice tea which was great. The cafe was very eye catching and I am a sucker for cute little cafes. This definitely helped to make my first time in Brighton a very pleasant and enjoyable one.

1  Thank Vicky B
There are newer reviews for Julien Plumart Cafe

Reviewed 18 June 2014

this is the best macaroon I've ever tried so far. Second visit to have a coffee and some cakes. have extra vanilla ice cream beside my cake. Love the ice cream, it taste kinda different compare to other places. price is really affordable as well

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Having had a full day of shopping and on the way to catch the train home we found Cocoa - wow! What a find in Brighton - the Manager and his staff are French, the music in the background is French and the pastries were - well, very French!
We arrived fairly late in the afternoon but the two pastries we chose were as fresh as when they would have come out of the oven. Excellent tea, small thermos flask of hot water was a lovely extra and the fresh fruit juice my friend drank she said was lovely.
We bought pastries for the journey home and got two for one - thank you! We will definitely not pass Cocoa again without stopping.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

This little patisserie was very pretty and caught the eye well. We didn't sit in to eat the pastries we had chosen for ourselves, but instead took them home in a takeout box. The macarons weren't my favourite - they were a little over chewy, I personally prefer them with a bit more of a crunch - , although the little raspberry dessert we bought was pretty and quite tasty. Didn't regret going, but probably won't go back.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I recently visited cocoa the other day and I must admit it didn't quite live up to my expectations I had from the reviews I'd read. While the food I had was very nice (I had two macaroons-pistachio and chocolate), the staff weren't particularly organised and it took a good five or so minutes before we were served. Granted there was a table full of about twelve girls in there but other than that it wasn't particularly busy and there were after all three members of staff there who could've easily just taken our orders while we were waiting. I'd also add that it wasn't quite as peaceful as hoped as it's location is right in front of a busy road so on a hot day when the door is wide open you get a very annoying loud sound of traffic ruining your experience. Overall I'd say that it's good and the food is fairly reasonably priced but it's nothing spectacular.