“A great Turkish cafe”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2014

If you're expecting soft lights, music and a romantic atmosphere, walk on by.

It's brightly lit, a little worn at the corners and the service could be faster, but for a great value authentic Turkish meal with excellent grilled meats, you can't go wrong.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Visited this restaurant twice during our weeks holiday in Brighton. We have been before and found the food very tasty. Once again the food was very good and the staff helpful and friendly. We had the mixed grill for two which came with a selection of starters. Everything was delicious and the kebabs were cooked in front of us on the grill. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys Turkish cuisine.

Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We discovered Turkish cuisine for the very first time in this fabulous gem of a restaurant. From the moment we walked in we were made to feel at home and there was a lovely relaxed atmosphere from beginning to end, even when the restaurant started getting busier, and we never once felt rushed.
Most importantly the food was delicious! It was very tasty, moreish, filling and certainly homemade, not to mention great value for money - we had the succulent grilled meat platter between two of us for £29, and it even came with complementary starters!
Something else that made the lovely atmosphere was that there were Turkish clients there too (always a good sign I think!) plus the Turkish (maybe Anatolian?) music being played made us feel like we were actually in Turkey!
We would definitely recommend this fabulous restaurant - you won't have regrets!

1  Thank Louisa T
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This was my first visit to this Restaurant and it won't be my last.

We were with a group of eight and the Restaurant was busy but the service was very good
and the food was excellent. Everything was hot, served promptly and taste was excellent.

Thank you for a great evening I look forward to coming again soon.

This was as good if not better that food eaten in Turkey.

Fans in the Restaurant would be a helpful addition

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I am a regular here and usually have a brilliant service all-round but on this occasion I am sad to say that this has got to be the worse experience I have had here or at any restaurant - which pains me to say as myself and my wife loved this place! not any more !!

We arrived at a decent time when others where just arriving and they weren't busy, for some reason the grill wasn't even lit and took at least 20min before any food went on it! by the time some food did go on it was completely filled with meat therefore I expected the food to be arriving soon. about another twenty minutes later I looked over at the grill and all the food was being loaded onto plates and taken out the back? on top of this there was no music so all you could hear was the large group out the back shouting in another language. the waitress was trying but was awful... i was reading out selections from the menu 2-3 times and it got to the point where I had to show her what I was talking about?!

the waitress then apologised for the long wait which was fair enough but not really good for all the paying customers sat waiting hungry for food watching food being cooked and carted off else where!

I watched the chef cook the food and I was disgusted! he had no hat or hair net or even gloves... he was touching the metal skewers with his bare hands loading raw meat onto them and then once they were cooked, literally using his hands to shovel the cooked meat off onto the plate all the while touching his face rubbing sweat off!!

I have been here so many times but I have never seen this happen or I would of never came back! its such a shame as the food did taste good and the service was ok but after this experience we will not be going back ever again- sorry Anatolia maybe read a heath and safety book on handling food? defiantly wouldn't even be rated by the food standards agency! I think an inspection should take place very soon for the customers sake!