“if you want Venetian food, stay away!”
Review of Bacaro

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bacaro
Ranked #817 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Very new restaurant, tonight was the first night, official open tomorrow. Excellent food and service. A prior restaurant at this site was Sawatdee.
Brighton
“if you want Venetian food, stay away!”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I am from Venice and I was pleasantly surprised to see a restaurant in Brighton which claimed to serve typical Venetian dishes. What a disappointment! We were served some horrible looking olives, with two (yes two) sliced of bread! We had to wait for the Prosecco which had not been cooled; the starter of spicy calamari was a sloppy tasteless, sauce out of the tin dish. The mains were flavourless and drowned in fat cream. The tiramisu was totally wrong: using cream instead of mascarpone.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank alaBrighton

“Rude”
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

I recently went to this new italian close to my work, however was incredibly disappointed with the service. my partner and I were ignored at the door then eventually rushed in to a table, thrown some menus then bluntly asked what we wanted, so already we felt rushed and unwanted!...the food was ok but our mains came at different times which between two of us is highly annoying as one is left to wait while the other finishes.
When paying the bill I mentioned the delay and was faced with a "what do you want me to do about it!"blank stare! I think the owner has a serious problem with woman and certainly won't be returning!...

1 Thank cmoscow
Reading, United Kingdom
“Pleasent evening out of the rain”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

New restaurant just down the road from the B & B we were staying, As the rain was pouring on Bank Holiday weekend Sunday night, we decided not to go too far - good decision. Nice atmosphere and fullish, still got a table for two.

Started with Arancini (fried risotto balls) and picante squid - lovely flavours. My wife had a Paesana pizza (meats, cheeses etc) - would have fed 2! I had steak Veneziana - ribeye with Italian herbs and garlic mushrooms and hand cook chips - absolutely delicious. Wine prices very good £13-20. Service charming and friendly, a bit slow as full but worth waiting for! Price for 2 for starters, main courses, coffees, initial beer and water including service was £58 - excellent value for money - will be back

• Visited May 2012