“Quirky but fun” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
london
“Quirky but fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

Enjoyed my stay, if there in summer book a sea view. Not much in the way of hanging space but great iPod sound system. Rooms don't have great soundproofing but otherwise comfy beds, good bed linen and friendly service.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

A great place to stay but starting to look a bit dated around the edges. Love the location and staff are good. Sitting looking out over the Marina is a great way to have a mid-morning breakfast or a drink later in the day.

Still our first choice in Brighton (we go there several times per year) but not an automatic first choice anymore.

Room Tip: Go for a Marina view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Banbury
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

We have stayed at The Seattle several times, allbeit a few years ago and would normally highly recommend the hotel. However we stayed on 21st january 2012, the check in was 3pm we booked the room because we had a lot of work to do on our boat at the ,marina. After an early start from Home, and a hard days work we checked in. Because we hadnt finished all of the work we had to do we asked to extend our stay to the sunday night, we were given room 235 and upon arriving to the room, it was clear to see this room had not been serviced properly for some time. I found it very "Grubby" and tired. Stains on the carpet, and disgusting, unclean skirting boards. Thick with Dust. The modular shelving system at higher level, which i assume is for storing your clothes, was absolutely thick with dust. Just a general bad feeling of clenliness in the room. I reported it to reception, two women at reception, one completely ignored my comments the other offered me a housekeeper. I was very angry and tired, i just asked her to cancel my room for the sunday night and told her that i would write my review to advise other people. Not at anytime was i offered a new room of which there were plenty available. In heinsight i would recommend anyone stay ther inspects the rooms before agreeing to occupy. ( we live and learn) I will not be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Inspect rooms for clenliness
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Brighton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I stayed at the hotel over Christmas. The hotel is in a good location and has nice views but overall I found the whole experience disappointing. The staff weren't exactly friendly or cheery given it was Christmas. Check in was so matter of fact that I could have been booking in for a stay at a hotel on business. However, the worst part was Christmas Day dinner. This was really expensive and the meal was nothing more than bland. The service at breakfast and dinner time wasn't welcoming and I felt like they didn't really want us there. On a positive, the cleaning staff were lovely. Whilst the stay wasn't appalling it wasn't great and I wouldn't stay there again.

1 Thank James C
Mitcham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

My husband, 20 month old son and I stayed on 28 December in a king size marina view room. We could not fault our stay and are surprised at some of the other reviews on the site. The service we received at both booking stage and upon arrival was excellent. The room was incredibly clean, and the view was fantastic. A cot had been set-up for us with no hassle, and we felt very welcome as a family - even managed to sneak in a few drinks after dinner in the bar with our son asleep in the buggy.
.The choice and food quality at breakfast was good (didn't eat dinner in the hotel) with lots of choice - the restaurant is in a lovely setting aswell.

We can't really fault the hotel - great little location with lots of restaurants and a few shops, but much quieter than had we stayed in central Brighton. We could have stayed somewhere cheaper, but I'm pleased we paid a little bit more...will go back.

Room Tip: Large King size marina was a great size for our toddler to run around and play with his toys - plent...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

I really wanted to like the Seattle, however the few days I spent there with my partner were very dissapointing.
I don't expect the staff to jump through hoops though the service wasn't at the level it should have been. It didn't get off to a great start after being quickly processed at reception, though we were never made to feel very welcome during the stay.However the team who cleaned the rooms were fantastic, they were very friendly and welcoming and made the effort to say hello, (as well as doing a good job cleaning the rooms). On top of that the christmas day lunch in the restaurant wasn't great and £80 a head it should have been fantastic. I've rated the value of the hotel as average though I would mark the restaurant as poor based on the meal we had.

1 Thank Mark F
London, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2011

Went last year, poor service at dinner, complained and stafff were not every receptive. Went back again this year, over priced, poor service, and loud music from down stairs until the wee hours of the morning. Don't visit if you want a quiet relaxing weekend. Probably will never go back again.

1 Thank Going_on_a_wee_trip