“Hotel with everything... fantastic view, fabulous food, will stay again.”
Review of Malmaison Brighton

Malmaison Brighton
Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 12 April 2009

Upon arrival to the hotel, we thought we had walked into the wrong place, with its fantastic decor, crisp and stylish we had to double check we were at the right place, for what we were paying to stay here we thought we were going to be in some basic hotel. Staff very friendly, rooms out of this world with fantastic views of the marina. Close to some wonderful bars and restaurants, very friendly place. Breakfast is highly recommended.
We are going to return in the summer with the Children for a family holiday. Thank you to the hotel staff.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 April 2009

I can't believe some of the reviews about this hotel, I had nothing to complain about and I like good moan. The hotel was spotless, staff were friendly, it was in a great location, the views from the bar were excellent, the food was great and the rooms were fab. This is an honest review from a very satisfied customer.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2009

I chose The Seattle after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and was very happy with my choice. The atmosphere in the hotel is very relaxing & the staff are friendly. I had a marina facing king room which was clean & very spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the room had a large flatscreen LG TV. There was plenty of storage space for my 2 night stay and a very large shared balcony overlooking the marina. The bathroom was basic but large with a monsoon shower over the bath, 2 sinks & nice toiletries. I ate in the bar a couple of times & the food was very nice. I will definately be coming back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 March 2009

My partner and I stayed here last week I must say it was a fantastic experience As we drove into the marina i was a little disheartened by the cheapy looking sign on the side of the buliding and wasnt expecting the marina to have everything in it and I mean everything, asda , cinema, petrol, bowling , restruants (to suit all pockets).

When we found our way to the entrance it was a long corridor with projections and soothing music...Good Start! We arrived at reception via lift to be greeted by a really kind relaxed receptionist who gave us our card.........

we stayed in room 106 and guess what the card worked first time.. We made our wy into the light airy room witrh plasma tv screen ipod dock that didnt work (or maybe i didnt know how to use it). The bathroom was spacious and clean

breakfast was great and was ready toget straight back in to the large comfy kingsize bed straight after....

Drinks at the bar were also well priced and you could order these to tyour room.

Over all a fantastic stay and will definately be back again!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2009

After having read many of the reviews I looked forward to my own experience of the place.
We stayed a Sunday night on the basis that the room was free provided that we spent at least £75 (this included wine) in the restaurant. Brighton Marina was easy to find as was the car park and level 6 which offers the easiest access to the hotel. The problem was that we arrived on a Sunday when level 6 was more or less full - so we had a bit of a walk to the hotel.
The reception is one floor up (second floor according to the lift) and was almost open-plan but was bright and pleasant. We were efficiently and pleasantly welcomed. Our room was facing the cliff side of the Marina but the view wasn't too bad. The room, however, was small with very little storage accommodation. The hanging space which some reviewers had above the kettle was in this room above the TV but the available depth of the hanging space was quite restricted. It was doubtful if there would have been enough room for a man's shirt let alone a woman's dress. I don't think there were any drawers and the bottom line was that, if you were staying there for some time you would be living out your suitcase. I don't think I would rate the room as 3 star - it was about on a par with a Holiday Inn Express. There was no room safe and I find that unacceptable these days.
On the other hand, the corridor to the room was wide, well light and attractive. The public area leading to the Restaurant was also extremely well appointed and furnished as was the bar and the restaurant. It was all somewhat of a contrast to the bedroom. There are doubtless better bedrooms but I did not get one.
The whole value of the special deal obviously centred around the quality of the evening meal which turned out to be excellent. We had three courses with wine and mineral water which came to £80 - not cheap but we had an obligation to spend £75. The quality of the food was first rate and the presentation and service were equally as good. Breakfast next morning was also good (as was the service) and the hot meal was freshly prepared and hot - other hotels please note that it is not impossible to serve a hot breakfast!
To clear up a few points from previous reviews we had a flat screen TV - probably about 24" and the clothes hanging area was not above the tea-making facilities - it was above the TV. There was no air-conditioning but Brighton in March did not require any! There was no noise from the adjacent night club but it was a Sunday night in early March and may not have been typical. All the staff with whom we came into contact were pleasant and helpful.
Overall it was a good value package which we enjoyed and, for one night the room was actually wholly adequate. The highlight was the high quality food which we exceeded our expectations. It was a decent hotel in which to spend some time and it had the advantage of offering the facilities of the Marina whilst still being in easy reach of the centre of Brighton (the number 7 bus!).

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2009

Spent ages reading reviews of hotels in Brighton & started to get very confused. Wanted a sea view, somewhere clean, kid friendly & somewhere to park nearby. Finally settled on the Seattle with large king size sea view room and so glad I did. It was a lovely hotel. Really welcoming with children getting an activity pack as I checked in. The parking is in a large multistorey around the corner - easy to find a space on the 6th floor (takes about 3-4 minutes with luggage and 2 young kids to walk to the hotel entrance) . You can walk to Brighton along the sea front, about 0.5 mile or you can catch bus which runs every 7 mins. Good choice of restaurants in Marina . After spending peaceful night in the Seattle we went to Brighton pier next morning. Saw some of the hotels I had been considering and found dirty windows, shabby paintwork, chips all over floor and pavement pizza's outside. Obviously the seafront hotels are more in the thick of the nightlife so you would expect this, but with kids its not for me. Ideal for romantic / older couples and family stays. There is a casino round the corner and a bowling alley. Not great for stag / hen do's and I did not see any clubs.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 December 2008

I chose the hotel because of reviews and the hotel style. We were in Brighton for the Leonard Cohen concert and the room (107) was great (just a tad too warm for my taste), view of the marina, bed comfy and toileteries good. Staff service excellent as well.

Breakfast is fabulous. First class...and even better with a view of Leonard Cohen sitting at the next table!!

Very cool hotel - no problem for us with noise.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)