“BEWARE!”

Ranked #15 of 44 Hotels in Brighton
London, United Kingdom
“BEWARE!”
Reviewed 13 March 2011

This massively over priced hotel has a major problem in that it sits directly above a thumping great nightclub. Don't expect to get any sleep before 3.00am - seriously. And don't bother complaining to the staff, they've heard it all before and really aren't interested. The same goes for the General Manager, Barry Watson, who has ignored our very long email listing all that is wrong with this hotel, including the fact that it nestles amongst what can only be described as an industrial area, complete with Asda, McDonalds and a multi storey car park. If you are looking for peace and tranquility with appealing surroundings - look elsewhere.

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank annabel_peacock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (405)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 March 2011

We regularly visit, in fact, I don't think you can beat this hotel in Brighton.
The breakfast is out of this world, great dinner available, relaxing atmosphere, smooth and sophisticated, clean throughout and a bonus of having really great staff. :-)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Weybridge
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We checked into the Seattle Hotel in Brighton's Marina for the Valentine's weekend, so we were looking for a hotel that was going to be a little 'special'.

The first thing that I thought when I entered Reception was ... SPACE !! There was so much ! Even when we walked down the corridors to our room, the corridors were wide, and you didn't feel enclosed / hemmed in as you can do in so many hotels today.

We paid for a Superior Room type, so we had a tiny balcony (not large enough to sit out on, true, but had it not been February and cold I could have envisaged standing out there for quite a long time with a glass of wine in my hand, looking out over the marina!!).

Location wise, it is right in the heart of the marina, and there is a good, albeit it fairly small, selection of restaurants - Cafe Rouge, Pizza Express, Ziggis, a fish bar, Weatherspoons, and a couple of others that I can't remember ... sorry.

On a nice day, you could have walked to the Lanes in about half an hour, maybe a bit longer, I guess ... but we took a taxi because it was too cold to walk ! The taxi was about £5, and took about 5 minutes, so no hardship.

The hotel offers free parking, which is VERY rare in Brighton, so another plus side.

The breakfast was a good selection, the breakfast room light and airy.

All in all, yes, I would happily stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2011

This is my second time back to the Seattle and it remains just as good.
I was disappointed to find the Black and White bar had closed however the replacement bar is a good and roomy. An ideal place to chill out with a glass of wine and a paper.
The rooms are minimal but that is the style of this hotel, so do your research.
Excellent ipod station!
I love the location over the marina and the sea front walk into Brighton and the various lanes.
I am a very light sleeper but had no issue with any night club music.
The staff were very helpful recommending two excellent restaurants in Brighton.
Breakfast was plentiful and of a high standard.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Birmingham
Reviewed 24 February 2011

We stayed for 2 days & although initially thought room small (+ no safe or wardrobe!) really enjoyed our stay.
Breakfast excellent (food + attentive staff + marina view), hosted birthday in bar (staff reserved space + produced tasty traditional english tea) & slept like logs (although room too hot yet view amazing so take your pick..).
We usually use HDV & would definitely come here again.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Have never written a review but just have to warn you ..nightmare room 223...loud nightclub music till 2.30 then revellers leaving till 3 am ..awake at 6 for marathon ..so rubbish start ..what is disappointing is that the staff talked to us like we were the first !! ..obviously not ..will be talking to manager in morning for sure ..who in their right mind puts a nightclub under a hotel !! doh ! ..

Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ukdizzy
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I booked the hotel at the beginning of feb after looking at a few reviews on the web I paid my money and forgot about it . It wasnt till the morning of our departure that I looked at trip advisor don't ask me why ... Possibly because there is an app for that . Boy did I wish I hadnt i was horrified and the last few reviews and thought about aborting our trip all together if it wasn't for the fact that it was a surprise for valentines day I probably would of .

So we arrived and all the previous reviews were swimming round in my head . Difficult to park, millions of fast food places , awesome view of Asda ! It was all coming true .
When we finally arrived at reception we were greeted with a warm smile and given our room key , shown were the bar is and were breakfast would be served tomorrow . So we went to the room and it was all very clean and yes no wardrobe , however a cool docking station to charge your I phone and listen to your music . We had a couple of drinks in the bar and cream teas which were lovely although we could of done with one to share as there was plenty . Bar staff very efficient not over bearing, just let us enjoy our drinks looking out over the marina . We went out for the evening into the lanes for a meal and returned to the hotel around 11 and all was quite . Breakfast was very good . Good quality produce and a good size cooked breakfast, although if I had choosen a continental breakfast there would if been less choice . Upon check the same warm smile and friendly conversation asking if we wanted to leave the car all day in the car park so we could enjoy our day without having to pay !!

So In summary I guess we stayed on a Sunday night not a busy fri/ sat but all I can judge is buy what we experienced and I was very satisfied with what we received . So we will return but not sure I would stay fri/ sat .

• Stayed February 2011