“Beautiful and opulent”
Review of The Neo

The Neo
Ranked #35 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This hotel absolutely oozes luxury. We were greeted with a very warm welcome and promptly ushered to room number two. Firstly you cannot miss the extravagant 6ft wide bed,which was without doubt the most comfortable nights sleep you could wish for with super soft clean sheets and gorgeous mattress. The décor is elegant with beautiful wallpaper and antique furniture,and a fantastic combination of modern bathroom sumptuousness and a very cosy and characteristic building . With the carved ceilings and wooden window shutters the hotel felt very ornate. The bath products supplied smelt beautiful and were altogether luxurious, and there wasn't a lack of them for a change as they are supplied in dispensers,not travel sized bottles. The only problem we had was a few cars driving by. The windows do not seem to be double glazed, I am guessing it may be a listed building, but saying this, the shutters and blinds provided a buffer whilst we slept. We were also surprised to not hear any of the other guests in the hotel,or the big old door shutting at all during our stay. There is no private parking, but the staff were incredibly helpful and directed us to a 24hr car park just a road away which costed us £10. The breakfast is perhaps the best I have had and in a beautiful dining room at that. All attractions and beach are minutes walk away but far enough for it to be in a peaceful part of town just by the old pier. All in all we had a fantastic stay and would love to revisit.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmilyRoseCooper

Reviewed 20 May 2011

I am such an indecisive person and eventually I settled on this hotel for our stay in Brighton because the pictures showed it to be quite individual. However, because of the cost of the rooms, I opted for a 'cosy' room number 8 and should have taken more notice of a review I read earlier which clearly said, not to book this room because it was tiny.
My husband and I are both very tall and had to take it in turns to get ready as we kept falling over each other(which was quite funny, but wouldn't have been for any more than one night) and once all the cushions were off the bed and on the floor, we had even less room!
Throw on bed was lovely, but stained, so they were soon removed!
Compliments to the chef as breakfast was quite lovely and the quality of the food/cooking surprised us given our disappointment on the whole.
Sadly, the whole place was very tired and needs some TLC and just wasnt worth the £105 we paid!

Room Tip: Dont book the cosy rooms!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grumpygorilla
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I spent a weekend at the Neo with my partner, I first stayed here when the Neo had just opened a few years ago and was delighted with the opulent styling, the really welcoming staff and the lovely breakfasts, not to mention the rooms. Each one in a different theme and beautifully presented. I was really pleased to see that the originality of the decor , enthusiasm and welcome of the staff was still in evidence. We stayed in room 1 and were not disappointed with the facilities, a really sumptuous bed laden with scatter cushions set in a beautiful high ceilinged room with four large floor to ceiling windows. The en suite shower was spotless and well decorated, my only gripe was the door was a bit fiddly to close. The breakfast was as I remembered , good quality food well presented and enjoyed in the bright and relaxing breakfast room. We had a great weekend in Brighton made more so but this gem of a place. not the first time I've stayed and not the last I'm sure!

Room Tip: Free WiFi
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnMcG43
Reviewed 8 April 2011

I found the neo hotel while looking at laterooms.com, and i got lucky. The decor in the hotel is really nice and funky and the staff very helpful. The location is perfect, a stones throw from the sea front and 30-40 second walk to western road (shops, pubs, food, etc). The NCP car park is also round the corner from the hotel. Wifi access at the hotel was useful and the access point had a strong signal which is great. Staff are really helpful

The room was a mix of cosy and stylish, great double bed, and pillows were fantastic, really soft, head will sink into them. Little touches like the designer shower gel and conditioner in the en suite rooms is really good, smells great, produced by a local company especially for the hotel. The breakfast options will cater for all sorts, even healthy types. I had mackerel and scrambled eggs…10/10!

Recommend visiting the duke of norfolk, a great pint of guinness and the pies and mash tastes fantastic, a real treat, recommended by the neo hotel.

i would thoroughly recommend the neo hotel to friends and family, i'll definitely stay there again next time i visit Brighton.

Purdip

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank purdib
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We got away from the kids for a couple of days and stayed at The Neo for the weekend. It was a laid back, helpful and very friendly kind of place with eclectic decor - a stag's head, snakeskin covered antique chairs and designer wallpaper. We were given a comfortable ensuite room with a king sized bed so soft that was like sleeping on a cloud. Some parts of the hotel could do with a lick of paint but that kind of fitted in with Brighton's overall raffish charm. The very best things about the place were the exceedingly generous breakfasts, which were freshly cooked from scratch and came as a 'starter' followed by a 'main' - something I've never experienced before. Over the two days we tried creamy porridge, delicious fruit plates with honey, creamy yogurt and hazelnuts, plus a classic full English breakfast, kippers and gorgeous, freshly made blueberry pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. With tea and coffee and abundant refills of fruit juice, we found that lunch just wasn't necessary. The Neo is in a good location a block away from the seafront near the West Pier and is definitely a Brighton sort of place - those with a hangover can opt for a 'hair of the dog' Bloody Mary with their breakfast or a Bucks Fizz, and there's also a treatment room and cocktail bar on site for real hedonists.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I chose The Neo because of its great location: near the to the sea front, near to the shops on Western Road and a walkable distance to the station.

On arrival, I was welcomed and my bags carried to my room. To my delight, I was given an upgrade (something they often like to do if they have rooms available) free of charge. My room was tastefully furnished, had a good sized and up to date flatscreen television and came with a hospitality tray. The en-suite had toiletries specially made for them which smelt gorgeous.

The bed was so comfy and I slept brilliantly!

The next day I came down to a carefully laid table with various newspapers awaiting me with breakfast. The choices were good even for a vegetarian which I am. I had the wake-up cup of granola with fruit puree and then had the blueberry pancakes with creme-fraiche. The breakfast tasted fantastic and came with plenty of tea and juice.

All in all I had a very enjoyable stay and found the staff to be very friendly - the hotel was lovely and clean and the breakfast was so tasty. I am looking forward to my return!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 February 2011

This was our third time to the Neo. The hotel is charming and each time we have been impressed by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple