“Had a great stay”

Ranked #33 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
“Had a great stay”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

We stayed in this Hotel back in June for a long weekend. Mainly chose it for it's location but was very impressed with the Hotel. It's a beautiful boutique hotel, really luxurious rooms, with great power showers. An amazing breakfast, overall a thoroughly enjoyable stay, will most definitely return.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Enjoyed a 2 day business stay in one of the best rooms in the hotel thanks to a great deal at Laterooms. Bathroom was a touch small but lots of space otherwise and friendly staff and a great English breakfast. Value is good on a last minute deal otherwise less so but would definitely stay again as long as the price was right

• Stayed September 2011
london
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We was on owe 30 year anniverary, wanted some where off the normal area.
Just right 5 mins walk in to the lanes and shops.
Nice pub just over the way for sunday dinner or any type of food.

Room Tip: If you like big shower pick room 6.
1 Thank ozzie92
London
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed here on a Friday night - the room - number 9 was 130 GBP and was so small. Ridiculously so. Even smaller than someones spare room. the TV didn't work and was one from about 20 years ago. The room was smelly. There was no greeting at the hotel - no information given. When we checked out we were not asked 'did you enjoy your stay'. there was no interest at all - just money taken. Breakfast was bad also. Fairly standard however there people clearing up and being very noisy whilst very chilled music was being played. All very odd. Will not be staying here again and would advise you to spend money somewhere else with people who appreciate it the investment in their hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank VanessaBakewell
Stephneo, Manager at The Neo, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
I have recently taken over management of The Neo and would like to apologise for the service and experience you encountered during your stay in September. I have lowered our rates as I too felt that they were high and we have streamlined our staff, hopefully rectifing many of the issues you addressed in your review. I do apologise if you found the place 'odd' - I would like to think should you choose to stay again we could now be described as professional but relaxed.
Thank you for the response, feedback of any kind is always valuable.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Not particularly sure where to start.
Firstly, we chose this hotel purely based on first impressions of a room on the internet. Room 5 to be precise. That is the room we requested to stay in, given the fact the bath (and room) looked rather opulent. So you can imagine our dissappointment when we arrived for check in, to find we had been upgraded to a room with just a shower. Had we been told, we would have actually stayed in Drakes. We were offered two champagne cocktails to make up for the computer error. In the end, we opted for a smaller room on the top floor, because it had a bath. The room was terribly hot. So hot we both felt ill from the humidity. We were offered a fan, which was never delivered to our room. We had to leave the window open, but the noise was horrific. Dusty room...oh and no hot water on the Sunday night and Monday morning.
I was also locked out on the Sat night. Rang the number on the front of the door, for the telephone to be ignored by the barman, most probably because he was too busy accommodating the people that had been put in room number 5 (the one that we had booked). He eventually clocked me waving at him through the bar window and he let me in.
Breakfast was beautiful. That would be the only decent thing about this place. That and their bodywash. Not staying here again. I highly recommend Drakes.

1 Thank BoobzMcGee
Stephneo, Manager at The Neo, responded to this review, 6 December 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for what appears to have been a shambles of a stay for you. I have recently taken over management of The Neo and would be confident to say that should you stay again, your experience would be altogether different.
Swanage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2011

Myself and my Fiancee have stayed at The Neo a couple of times and always had a lovely time, the first was as a suprise trip and 'something special' and the second was an 'In town, need to stay somewhere a little better than the average'.

I've read through a few of the existing reviews and, whilst we haven't visited for a while now, I can see everyone's points, both good and bad.

True, this is a relatively small boutique hotel, nicely decorated and thought out, well staffed with 'Brighton' people, don't expect uniforms and protocol, these are real people with their own personalities, all of which are friendly and fun. Yes there are a few little things that could do with improvements, the odd squeeky floorboard, wardrobes that wobble as you walk past etc but they've never been anything more than a slight blemish on an otherwise great stay.

Great service, yes it does 'stop' at 10pm but that doesn't mean that it effects their guests. Perhaps if you'd like slaves at your beck & call 24 hours a day then a Boutique Hotel isn't necessarily for you? They're there when it counts.

Now, my only glaring and (sadly) unchangable problem with The Neo is it's surroundings. Whilst parking is an issue everywhere in Brighton and the hotel is just a short walk from several major parking areas I still wouldn't feel safe leaving my car nearby due to the locals. The whole Sillwood Street area has always been a 'Rat Run' for drunks and the like and sadly, as has been mentioned by several others, I've experienced several 4am episodes of Jeremy Kyle outside in the street. It really is a real shame as this will probably never change and as much as I love the hotel, I don't think we'd return again purely based on this.

If not for the local nightlife I'd have no problems giving this place 5/5, I really should give it 3/5 but I've given it 4 as it's special to myself & my Fiancee. Great rooms, good service, quaintly comfortable and very stylish. ABSOLUTE KNOCKOUT BREAKFASTS, the 'Wake Up Cup' is lovely and original and the Blueberry Pancakes are worth the trip alone, which is good, because you can book in for breakfast without actually staying at the hotel.

Try it, you might have a quiet night and really enjoy it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank darko316
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We stayed in room 5 we hardly slept. The room was really hot we had to have the windows open but then the traffic noise was unbearable. The fire alarms were set off Saturday night by someone smoking in room 7 after they assured no one ever smoked in the rooms. The hotel isnt manned after 22.00 you are left a number to use in case of emergency. The staff were lovely and breakfast was great...oh yes apart from the big silver waste pipe in the corner which had water running down it all the time. Rooms could do with a good clean and refurb, Not going back should have stuck with Drakes!!!

2 Thank scampandlilly