“Lovely food ”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Lovely food ”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Went here last night for a meal and we weren't disappointed. The food was lovely. Great menu. My brother asked if they could adapt one of their recipes as he wanted a particular sauce with chicken instead of lamb and they said it wasn't a problem. They are even thinking of putting it on their menu now. My partner said his meal was the best curry he has had for a long time.

Staff were really friendly and prompt service. All in all a lovely evening. My only criticism would be that the decor is very dated. But you can forgive that as the food is good.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“A hot beautiful evening at the seaside”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Was on. Brighton got work purposes ( see review Hilton)
Wandered up the impressive restaurant lined Preston street. This is a great location for choice of cuisine . Opted for this establishment mainly because it was daily empty !
However I was not disappointed.
Spotlessly clean establish Ment . Food really good.
Chicken chat to start spicy and well cooked with a light puri .
Half tandoori chicken sauce and excellent side veg. All washed down with 2 bottles of ice cold cobra . Staff attentive and pleasant
Would recommend .

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Disappointing,”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I went to this restaurant last night with my husband, we read the reviews and a lot said that it was very good well we soon fou d out otherwise. We where offerd some poppadoms what with being British we love any free so we said yes but later discovered on the bill that you in fact have to pay for them, we had two starters butterfly chicken and onion barges they where terrible so dry and expensive there was also some salad with these starters that where brown and horrible luckily my Indian husband over heard some of them talking about getting the salad used up as it had been out for a while and was turning bad (why we didn't leave then I don't know). when the prawn arrived I was shocked to see that there was just the one and it was £5 not impressed. The main dishes came over there was a couple of bits of meat floating around and the sauce was so watery. The atmosphere was okay and the waiters seamed nice, overall this delightful so called meal came to a whopping £70 including drinks and service. I do not recommend this place anyone selling this restaurant to other people with positive reviews obviously has not tried a decent and reasonable priced curry.

2 Thank Spamfritta
“Not the best”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Popadoms were as you'd expect, starters seemed overpriced and rather dry in texture (microwaved?). Main dishes were watery and didn't contain much meat or any other content. Glad we didn't have desert as the meal was +£70 for 2 of us including 2 drinks each. Would've been peeved if this was a £25 take away. A last resort.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“avoid on a hot day.. complain and they still apply a service charge!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Ok,. so maybe it was a bad idea to have an Indian meal here on a hot summers day, I have eaten here in the past, and it has been fine (over a year ago) ..
Arrived., just after 8:30PM, should have heeded the warning signs.. only 2 tables occupied..
No shortage of free tables, so was escorted to one by the window, to make the place look busy, took my drink order then had to wait for this to be delivered about 5 minutes later.. then was given a menu.. selected the Chicken madras curry and plain rice.. was getting a bit concerned after about 20 minutes as it was taking a little while to prepare.. When it arrived.. the curry looked like it was one chicken breast that had been chopped up and dropped into a bowl of tomato soup. Pretty much tasted like that too.., but with a sprinkle of chilli sauce, not a vegetable chunk in sight.. the rice, well I think it had been ready a while ago and had been sitting under a heat lamp for a while, or they had cooked it an hour ago.. the upper level was crispy and the lower level was a bit like rice pudding.. well.. I had not seen any appearance of the staff, I ate the chicken from my soupy broth.. abandoned the rest.. They guy arrived and asked if all was ok.. so I told him that it was not.. and asked if the chef had been bored and had gone home? they discounted the bill for the cost of the rice.. I won't be back to this place in any hurry.. They even added a service charge to the bill, now that takes the pee!!