“No Cocktails”

Dos Sombreros
Ranked #46 of 1,184 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Brighton's best Mexican restaurant serving up sizzling fajitas and margaritas all year round! Day of the Dead cocktail bar above restaurant!
Reviewed 26 July 2014

First visit here on Thursday and we came for the food not the cocktails. Chose vegetarian dishes on this occasion and they were very tasty and good sized portions. We choose different dishes to share and I enjoyed them all. Washed down with Desperados beer.

Service was good and the restaurant was soon full.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We did not plan on visiting this resraurant as our regular place was too busy, but what a nice find !

We were the only ones in the restaurant to begin with, which is always a worry however it quickly got very busy We were very impressed by the simple charm and food on offer which was very good as i do know good Mexican food when i taste it !
All coupled with a first class service dellivered by the young team

We will be back again

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Absolutely delicious; took my mum here as a treat and she loved it too. Really lovely food, excellent service and tasty cocktails!! My favourite Mexican in Brighton :)

Reviewed 15 July 2014

My boyfriend and I went out to this restaurant on a Monday night for a very early dinner. We arrived at 6pm with an hour left for the 2 for 1 cocktails. Although we were the only people there this early on a Monday night, it was amazing. Best nachos we've ever had and it was the best mexican food I've ever had. Friendly staff and not long at all waiting for food - I'm definitely going back!

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Went there tonight for dinner, first impressions weren't great. We seemed a distraction for the guy who seated us. Ordered quickly which was great food wasn't as quick but not to bad. My drink was a disappointment, ordered Pepsi but blatantly a cheap cola syrup. Not a massive problem but don't lie to me. Food was good but not the best Mexican place in Brighton. Not the worst place I've been to but won't be returning.

Ed C, Owner at Dos Sombreros, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi,

Thanks for taking your time to review the lunch you had at Dos Sombreros. Im glad you liked the meal and that you found the waiting time satisfactory. We do cook all of our dishes to order and are not a fast food outlet, so meals can take time.

I can guarantee you that we do not sell cheap cola. We receive our Pepsi from H T White (a local supplier) and have never received a complaint about the product in the past. We are not in the business of false advertising.

Many thanks,