“Room 4 Fans”
Review of Limehouse

Limehouse
Ranked #30 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 April 2013

After a very hasty, last minute browse of Brighton guest houses we settled on the Lime house. We confirmed the booking by telephone and after receiving helpful advise on the better rooms, we upgraded to a luxury double for a very reasonable price.
From the moment we let ourselves into our bright and airy room at the front of the house we were delighted with our decision. Although we did not have the pleasure of meeting the owners, as we collected our key from a sister guest house, I was more than satisfied that our needs had been met. The immaculate room was both modern and cosy, the white shutter blinds complimented the crisp decor perfectly and I was thrilled to find a hair dryer, iron and board provided with not a scrap of the typical guest house floral wallpaper in sight!! As for the bed...it was oh so comfortable and provided the best nights sleep I have had in a very long time.
As a young couple, we appreciated the modern decor and privacy that this guest house afforded. Room 4 provides a pretty view of the park and glimpse of the sea. This really is a little gem, perfectly situated near to the pier, laines and restaurants. When we venture to Brighton again we will most certainly stay at the Lime house.
Tip: As with almost everywhere in Brighton, take plenty of pound coins for parking as you will need to feed the meter.

Room Tip: The Luxury suites at the front of the house are spacious and provide the best views. If you are a ve...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danielle N
limehousebrighton, Owner at Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Thank you for writing such a lovely review and we are delighted you like the decor of the room - and had a comfy night's sleep! We are sorry we did not get the chance to meet you as we were away supporting a charity but hope to do so when you visit again.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed at Limehouse the weekend of the Brighton marathon and were really impressed with the place. Warm, clean, comfortable rooms with quirky funky decor and attention to detail. The owner Jay was really helpful in recommending local venues for us to meet up with other runners in our group. We were also especially grateful to Jay for arranging a pre-race marathon breakfast pack - just what we needed!! We would definitely recommend this lovely place to anyone looking for a fresh cosy room in a great location to enjoy the vibe of Brighton!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank linieta
Reviewed 24 April 2013

It was a real shame i didn't have more time to fully enjoy my stay at Limehouse last weekend, as I could have happily relaxed in the bright, comfortable room for hours. The crisp white walls, big shuttered windows, leather sofa and super comfy bed gave a feeling of light space yet I felt very cossetted in the room. The fittings and furniture were of a high standard (I loved the green glass lamps) with just enough strategically placed, well chosen ornaments to create interest and feel less like a hotel and more like a guest room at your friend's house. The bathroom was large and again well equipped with quality sanitaryware and fittings, including a monsoon showerhead (lovely!). I was really pleased to find a magnified hand mirror, a proper hair drier, iron and neat little board all tucked unobtrusively in the open wardrobe. Great attention to detail and just a skip away from the town centre. A very well deserved 5 out of 5 to owners Jay and Sharon!

Room Tip: Ask for Room 4 - glimpses of the sea to the left and facing onto the green space of the New Steine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank calms1
Reviewed 21 April 2013

The only reason why this place lost out on those extra points, half way through the night despite hsving turned on the heating before going to bed; I woke up because it seemed like someone had turned off the boiler because it was freezing. I called the our of hours line to ask if someone could kindly turn on the heating but no one answered. (Okay may have beeen 04:00hrs but it was that cold; and I was only trying to keep me and my family warm.)

Our stay details: 20-04-2013 to 21-04-2013 room 2

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Superpogi
limehousebrighton, Owner at Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

We must confess that we are a bit surprised to receive this feedback as we have not had a missed call or message on the contact phone and had a night porter on duty who could have solved this problem for them immediately - what a pity we didn't get a chance to sort it out straight away.
The spring weather this year has been so variable and it can be difficult to strike the right balance but, of course, we want all of our guests to be cosy and comfortable during their stay with us, and there are a also couple of spare blankets available in the room for this purpose.

As we chatted on Sunday and it wasn't raised as an issue, it is a shame that we could not have discussed it at the time. We remain hopeful that you will return to LimeHouse.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

The reason I ask the question is that I feel that the fewer people who know about this lovely little hotel the more likely I am to be able to book a room next time! Because we will be back every time we visit Brighton which is not as often as I would like.

The LimeHouse is exactly what you would want from a Brighton stay and it complements the town beautifully, both are welcoming, quirky, contemporary cosmopolitan, surprising and relaxing. The hotel is small but the rooms are sizable and everything about the place made us feel relaxed from the personal service of the owners to the decor. We got a phone call to confirm everything and met with the owner the next day who was happy to chat.

The room was decorated in white and green to complement the name and it felt like we were the first people to stay in it, nice and clean with a lovely bed and linen. The location is good for everything from the sea front to the nightlife and the shopping areas. The only thing I will say is that the area can have a few revelers late at night but Brighton is a party town and you'll get that anywhere on the seafront and Brighton always feels safe to me whatever the time of night so nothing to worry about.

I've stayed in a lot of places around the world some 10 times the price of a night at the LimeHouse but very few which met my needs and matched their surroundings so well.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
limehousebrighton, Owner at Limehouse, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

We are delighted with this review, particularly as it describes the reaction we were hoping for when we opened the business last year. It's great also that we get so many compliments about our beds since, after all, a comfortable night's sleep is top of most people's list when staying in a hotel.

Thanks - and do come and visit again.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at LimeHouse. I went to visit some family in Brighton and had a very pleasant time and a great night's sleep in their very comfy beds. I stayed in room 4 which had big bay windows looking over the local square and with a sea view. I loved the room; it let in loads of light and was spacious with a high ceiling, table/chairs and sofa separate from the bed.

The location is very good for getting to town and also further out to Kemp Town as well as being a two minute for a walk along the beach.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 4 which had big bay windows looking over the local square and with a sea view. I lo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry58
Reviewed 31 March 2013

What a nice surprise when we entered the room! Beautiful and contemporary design. Giant sumptuous bed, all mod cons. Great bathroom with modern shower and a sea view! Freeview TV and internet connection, and a nice selection of different teas and coffees. Just minutes from the beach and the pier, and so close to many cafes and restaurants. All in all I totally recommend it.

Room Tip: We had room 4...sea view at the front looking over the square
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple