“Fab B&B in the heart of Brighton”
Review of Limehouse

Limehouse
Ranked #30 of 94 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I stayed at Limehouse for the second time this weekend. This time I booked a luxury double rather than a standard double. The main difference being a bigger room and king size bed which was extremely comfy! The B&B remains clean and well kept with the bright lime and white looking like they have just been painted. As always Jay was very helpful, the last time I stayed I was worried I would be checking in late so the key was left at their sister hotel across the square, and this time I asked to check in a little early! - next time I promise I'll just check in at the normal time.....! My other half stayed with me this time and was impressed with the room and location. The pier is literally down the road to the right and the lanes are just a 10minute walk away. We liked the room only prion as it gave us the freedom to get up when we wanted rather than getting up for breakfast at a certain time, plus it was nice to make the most of Brightons cafés :) This B&B will certainly remain on my list of places that I would go back to time and time again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Limehouse

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We liked everything about this smart, stylish and friendly small hotel, including the comfortable bed, tea and coffee making facilities, lime decor and the big bathroom. Thanks for the lovely stay in your sea view suite, Jay! Location of Limehouse is perfect. We will definitely come back again as it has been a wonderful experience in Brighton.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Excellent location, just by the sea. There are some great restaurants and bars nearby. Rooms are clean and tidy. The owner was extremely welcoming and helpful. Will definitely be staying again when I return to Brighton!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The beach is seconds away! - and there are some fantastic off-the-high street, vintage shops within a short walk. It is just next to the new pier, overlooking a lovely square. The room was clean and well-furnished and we were warmly welcomed. There was good advice about the best places to have dinner and we walked to an excellent French restaurant, 'Mange tout'. I would recommend staying here with friends and family for a break in Brighton!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed at The Lime House Brighton for a long weekend. The location is great overlooking a lovely Square and the sea,just next to the Pier. The hotel was very clean, the most comfy bed which you don't won't to get out off and very modern quiet rooms too. The owner Jay is very welcoming and extremely helpful which made our stay just that touch nicer. I would stay there again next time I'm down in Brighton.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We enjoyed a lovely stay. The room was gorgeous, nice bed, lovely fixtures and fittings. A very relaxing room right on the beach front.
Jay was brilliant, attentive and helped make the stay great with good information and advice. Parking outside was handy and we thoroughly loved our time in Brighton because of lime house.
Looking forward to returning to limehouse when we go back to Brighton.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Zan4321
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My daughters went to uni in Brighton. One to Sussex, one to Brighton, so they know the city well. My eldest has just returned from living abroad for two years so we were all in need of some time together. Hotels in Brighton can be very hit and miss and we have had some bad experiences so had mixed expectations about Limehouse.
The hotel is a lovely Regency building, overlooking the gardens of Old Stein and out to sea. We found parking easily and cheap, ten yards away (Amazing for Brighton).
Now for the funny part!!!! I am a light sleeper and was prepared for a noisy night from late night revellers and early wake up call from the seagulls. We decided on this date several months ago and had no idea then that the weather this weekend would be a full blown gale!!!
We were greeted by Jay who informed us that we would be the only people staying at the hotel as everyone else had cried off because of the weather! Bliss I thought, no noise !!!
We all stayed in the top floor room together. The room was large and had every thing we needed. Spotlessly clean and stylish.
After a lovely evening we returned to our room and slept really well for the first couple of hours. We were woken by the storm which battered Brighton all night. The noise was incredible and at one point we really thought the roof would blow off. There was a lot of nervous giggling and looking out off the window at the amazing sea before finally getting to sleep. So! A hotel to our selves, the seagulls all blown away and nobody making any noise in the street but very little sleep. The three of us agreed that it was really exciting and even got up early for a blow the cobwebs away walk on the front before breakfast .
We loved the Limehouse and have some lovely memories of our stay. I told Jay I would do a review as we loved it so much and he deserved it, but don't want too many people to know how good it is!!!!!! We shall return and would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family