“yummy”

Ranked #6 of 33 Dessert in Brighton
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: British, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: We offer the largest ice cream Sundae Menu in the Uk with over 55 lipsmackingly creations.We make award winning ice creams and sorbets on the premises.We offer a the largest selection of hot dogs in the city from the Chilli Cheese dog to a Blood Hound - very big and tasty.We source as many ingredients locally as possible to support our local community. Established in 2007 Our plan was to create the coolest ice cream cafe on the South Coast, specialising in providing amazing ice creams and sorbets and the most jaw dropping ice cream sundaes. Our goal is to create a fabulous place for you to come a visit with your friends and family and get treated to something unique. We have luckily since opening featured in the national press, TV and have won national awards for our ice creams for the last three years running.A great altenative place to celebrate for the young and slightly older..
London, United Kingdom
“yummy”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

On a day trip to Brighton I was walking around the laines, I kept seeing people holding delicious ice creams. Then I discovered where they had come from, we stood for ages deciding what flavours to combine. The ice cream counter was packed and the concept of queuing was a bit lost as many were undecided as to what to choose. Once paid for we had the best ice creams ever.

• Turkish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
“lunch break!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Went here for a quick lunch with friends on a Saturday afternoon, was clean and bright, busy but not rammed. We had a selection of the hot dogs, these are not traditional hotdogs but rather sausage sandwiches, toasted, with an array of fillings which was lovely.

They did forget the side salad on two of the hotdogs though and the ordering system is a little different, you go downstairs to order and pay then they shout the order out at the top of the stairs when ready, this was a little confusing at times, perhaps a numbering system would be better. We were nearly given someone else's order about 3 times.

I can't comment on the ice creams as we didn't have any, but they looked very inviting and I would definitely go again. Was good value for money too at £5 for the sandwich and a coke.

Jonathan D, Owner at Scoop & Crumb, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello Ella, thanks for your review, very pleased you enjoyed the hot dogs. We use the Brighton Sausage Company for the sausages and a local baker for the ciabatta bread. Sorry the team missed the side salad!! Hope to see you again. Best regards Jonathan
Cambridgeshire UK
“I don't know what all the fuss is about”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I went with my husband last Tuesday and I think they were possible short staffed, we waited 40 minutes for a tuna baguette and a ham and cheese toastie, I think this is rather a long time for two basic sandwiches. After another 20 minute wait for desert the ice cream was nothing to write home about either, I had the caramel and it was tasteless and the honeycomb topping was so hard I thought it would break my teeth. The poor staff were running around like crazy, lots of uncleared tables, huge queue at the front door of people waiting for take away ice cream, I must say this place was a huge disappointment!

1 Thank MADAMMOZZY
Jonathan D, Owner at Scoop & Crumb, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello there, thanks for taking the time to review and very sorry you didn't have a great experience. Tuesday was a very busy day and we were short staffed which had a big impact so I don't think you saw us in the best light. Our baguettes and toasties use locally baked bread and our pretty good value at around £4 each and my honeycomb won a national award last year. I suspect when a place looks bombed everything feels a bit worse than it is. Sorry again. Jonathan
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Eton mess - avoid for lunches”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This is an ice cream parlour which tries to be a cafe too. The ice creams and sundaes are good, but if you go there for lunch, it suddenly becomes chaotic and you just want to get out. There is no fixed place to order food, so if you are having lunch there you have to line up with all the people buying ice creams and write down your order first. Then you have to wait. The open sandwiches are a single piece of bread with a few things dolloped on top - small and disappointing. The drinks are all in cans. And the lengthy wait, with the wind blowing in through the open door, the churning crowds all trying to order ice creams, the shortage of staff - these things make you lose the will to live. We were a party of 8 and when we left, we felt we'd make a lucky escape. Not a relaxing or enjoyable lunch time stop. Just get the ice cream and go.

Jonathan D, Owner at Scoop & Crumb, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello and thanks for taking the time to review.
I suspect you visited us on Tuesday which was a very busy day and we were short staffed so we were overrun with orders/customers/tables etc.
Our open sandwiches use locally smoked salmon, locally cured meat and locally baked bread and for around £4.50 each I think are very good value for quality ingredients. Drinks come in cans and are served with a glass.

The queue and order for eat in or take away is the same for many cafes including big name chains, we try our best to get through quickly and then instead of waiting for you order to be made, we ask you to take a seat and we bring it to you.

Can't do much about the wind and sitting by the door, suspect all the tables upstairs were full. In some respects i think you were lucky to get a table of 8 on a very busy day, not sure many smaller cafes would have been able to take your group. If you had called to reserve table we could have provided you a table away from the rush

If a place looks very busy its because it is very busy.

Sorry again
Gravesend, Kent, England
“Ice cream extravaganza!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After an excellent lunch at Fishy Fishy, we didn't have room for dessert. Thank goodness that, after a walk to the seaside and a bit of a paddle we recovered, because Scoop and Crumb is not to be missed! Just a few steps away from the horrors of tacky tourist central, this is undoubtably the best ice cream in Brighton.

In fact, I only regret that we hadn't fasted for a few days first because the menu of ice cream concoctions is extraordinary! This would be a fabulous place to come with a group of friends and order one of the really big ones.

Alas, we settled for two scoops each. Mine were pear and ginger sorbet (intense and refreshing) and a sunshiny Spanish orange which I was expecting to be a sorbet but which turned out to be creamy and dreamy. Mmmmm....

Visited July 2014
Jonathan D, Owner at Scoop & Crumb, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hello there, thanks very much for your kind review really pleased you liked the flavours. Spanish Sunshine won an award at last years national ice cream competition, and pear and ginger is a really lovely flavour combination.
Thanks again