“Good location but dour and small room”
Review of The Brighton Hotel

The Brighton Hotel
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This hotel is in a great location on the seafront and my sea-view room had a great view.
Sadly, that was really the one and only highlight.
The cracked window frame was only the start of it... dingy lights, dark curtains and dated furniture.
Plus the room I had was so small, it was terrible.
Yes, its cheap and if you just want a base near the beach its fine - but don't expect any luxury.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,332)

Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed here before. I knew it was a 3 Star, and I got a good rate - paying only £29 for the night. This incl breakfast. The room was clean. Breakfast the next morning was standard, as was expected. Not sure why the people on previous posts complained. They probably complain for the sake of complaining, becuase they are born to complain.
I got what I paid for and expected what I got. For me this was a good inn and I would be happy to come back.

Room Tip: If you want 5 star suites and services honey, then find a 5 star hotel and pay the 5 star rates!!
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Booked a last minute single room by phone. When I asked for the price of this room, it was about 20£ more expensive then I've seen online. But after saying I found a cheaper price
, I was able to get it at this price. The room was basic, but clean, although that wasn't the case with one of the towels. The wooden floor was quite uneven in my room, and whilst walking in the hallways, every floorboard cracks and moves a bit. Around 8am I woke up due the loud noises from the slamming doors and the sounds of the cracking floorstboards, caused by my neighbors and housekeeping. However the service was good, although I didn't get the breakfast since it looked overpriced to me.

I was lucky to book this hotel last minute and claimed that cheaper price I found online, so I got to pay 60% less then the normal price. Otherwise it wouldn't be worth the money if you ask me. But on the other hand, It's hard to find a better deal in Brighton.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

this hotel is in a great location, on sea front and very short walk to Brighton centre, pier and laines etc. BUT iwe were upgraded to a delux room, weel i shudder to think what normal room is like, as this was small and furnished to a 2 star standard and the bathroom was a tiny rom of about 1.5 mtr square and obviously no bath and some kind of weird shower that was nosier than the pit lane of F1 track on race day!!!
check out is 11 am ( never had before 12 before) and at 6 min past 11 the recepyionist was calling room to say she would be charging me an extra 10 gbp for late check out!!
when we went to check out and met her , the receptionist turned out to be the rudest most vile person i have ever met in the service industry ( i stay in hotels several times a month ). Luckily the manager that came out and dealt with us after the receptionist had muttered rude comments and went to office, was a professional land pleasant man who made us leave with smile on our faces , after he explained the receptionist was chemically imbalanced !! good breakfast and other staff fine!

Room Tip: NOT TOP FLOOR!!!!! as very small and rubbish bathroom well 411 anyway!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Booked this as a reasonably priced place to stay in Brighton. The lobby was very promising, but the rooms were disappointing. The worst point was breakfast - the continental-style buffet was a very poor showing, just rice crispies, Weetabox, Cornflakes and bread. Not the best.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2011

After looking through some of these pictures two things are clear: 1) people are confusing this hotel for the other best western in Brighton, and 2) my room was possibly the worst in the hotel. It was tiny, cramped, poorly designed, tired, and the head of the bed is against a wall with seemingly all the plumbing in the entire hotel running through it. When any shower or toilet was used it sounded like the wall was about to burst open and flood the room. I'd be alright with all this if the price were reflective of what you get, however this room was more expensive than one at the Grand just a few short blocks away and the nicest and historic hotel on the waterfront. Ridiculous.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights while attending a conference. A nice10minute walk from the conference centre, and 20mins from the pier. I booked a single room and was given a large family room with a double and single bed. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. There no view, but I hadn't requested one. However there was a window which let in a lot of light and I could open it to get some air in. The room was warm and clean. Plenty of tea and coffee available. A good hairdryer, and a really good shower. Clean towels every day even though I had hung them up and not left them on the floor. All staff were friendly and polite.
I hadn't booked breakfast but decided to pay for it. It was adequate and edible, but overpriced at £7.95. There was no toast or bread and butter included. I got one cup of tea and a glass of orange in the price.
My room was in the basement, and to access it I had to go up several flights of stairs then down several flights of stairs - difficult if you are infirm, elderly or disabled.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view>
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business