“Brighton Trip”

Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 24 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Write a ReviewReviews (1,320)

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

Comfortable beds, friendly staff, good shower, lift I have paid a lot more for much worse places in Brighton. It is good location for the Brighton Centre, local bars and a wide variety of eating houses. Not the Grand but not that price either.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Iain L, General Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thanks for your review and I was please that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Next time you are in Brighton I look forward to you returning.

Iain Lindsay

Always book direct with the hotel on 01273 820 555 or via our website - we guarantee that you will not find the same room type at a lower price at then hotel anywhere else.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

This seaside hotel is in a good location especially for The Brighton Centre and seafront. The entrance, dining area and bar all have seaviews as did the bedroom on the third floor. The room was large, clean and tastefully decorated with a comfortable bed andfabulous views of the sea and pier from large window. The only negatives were the tiny tired bathroom and the hammering noise the next morning (workmen in the hotel?). There were a variety of choices at breakfast ranging from smoked haddock to a cooked vegetarian breakfast but the lack of fresh fruit was disappointing. The staff were all incredibly helpful and proffessional and I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting good quality accomodation within walking distance of Brightons many attractions.
If you want a great place to eat with bags of character and good atmosphere, turn right out of the hotel and continue up the street to find a pub called The Lion and Lobster, the food is delicious, reasonably priced and homecooked and the surroundings perfect.

Room Tip: Any front facing room, room 314 had fabulous sea views.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for your review and it was great to read you enjoyed your stay and the hotel facilities. Although the bathroom size will not change we are currently working on a bathroom refurbishment program. The hotel being listed we cannot change the layout.

Iain Lindsay

Always book direct with the hotel on 01273 820 555 or via our website - we guarantee that you will not find the same room type at a lower price at the hotel anywhere else.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have to admit i checked into this hotel a bit stressed as we had been stuck in traffic for over an hour and I had to get to an event with my work colleagues who are based in Brighton.

My partner was parking the car as I checked in, the girl checking us in was a little indifferent and not exactly overly helpful as she wandered out slowly to open the chains for the car to be parked. I was given the key to room 418 an internal room next to the lift. This room would be the kind of room I would expect as a single person, for two it was far too small, there was a very small window that looked onto a brick wall and let no light in, you could just about get into the bathroom as it was so close to the end of the bed and was very claustrophobic; the fact they knew the reservation was for two people it was strange as there was only one towel in the bathroom the 2nd towel was in the wardrobe, you could just about get around the bed, the bathroom was tiny and you had to put bags in the very large wardrobe so you didn't fall over them. I was assured that this is a double room!

We were only staying one night thank goodness and I have to admit I was not looking forward to returning back to this room after my night out. Later when we did return we sat in the bar area which was nice and the late night manager made us a sandwich and a drink and we told him how awful our room was and that we were very disappointed, he said he had had a no-show and we could move to 411 which was far better and even had a side sea view but very very hot even with the window open all night - in October!

I hadn't booked breakfast as it wasn't needed and went to my Head Office the next morning and left my partner to check out - at the time he didn't realize I hadn't paid for the drinks and sandwich we had the previous night under the old room number so when he checked out there was nothing to pay, rather than a phone call from the hotel to say they hadn't changed the items to the new room and they would be charging me for the items they just sent me the credit card receipt in the post.

If the Duty Night Manager hadn't changed our room this review would have been far worse, also I would like to point out that the service is based on him alone and not the girl who checked me in, I understand behavior doesn't bread behavior but she could have been more helpful to a stressed and late client....

An OK base and to be honest I didn't really spend a lot of time at the hotel and for that it was ideal.

My partner had booked us into the Brighton Grand for the 2nd night which heaven!!

Room Tip: get a seaview room and make sure its not an internal room with a brick wall view from the very small...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Highly recommended hotel have stayed there few months ago and had to stay there again while in Brighton. Amazing view from the hotel room. We stayed in 211.. Staff are extremely lovely and want to thank Steve and staff for being so helpful and really welcoming. Will definitely be staying there again when we visit Brighton. Lucy and dave - london

Room Tip: 211 had a great view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks Lucy and Dave for your review after a repeat stay at the hotel. I was please you enjoyed our fantastic views from your bedroom. Your staff comments are much appreciated. I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Iain Lindsay

Always book direct with the hotel on 01273 820 555 - we guarantee that you will not find the same room type at a lower price at the hotel anywhere else.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This hotel is good value for money. We got a great deal for a double room with sea view, room 312, which was a good size with a large window looking out onto a wonderful view over the bandstand and out to sea. Weather was atrocious when we arrived, but the room was comfortable and warm with all you might need including kettle/tea/coffee etc. The bathroom was spotless and perfectly adequate, with clean new looking towels. Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and friendly, helpful staff on hand. An old hotel yes, but at the price a good place to stay for an affordable break in Brighton.

Room Tip: Room 312 was not too noisy, stayed in November when it is quieter anyway, although the hotel is on a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

You know how sometimes you pay a bargain price, and sometimes you are very pleasantly surprised? Well, as soon as I walked through the door, I just thought 'why didn't I just pick the hotel down the road and pay the extra 30 quid'!
The hotel is dingy and needs renovating, the lift is only big enough for two people (no exaggeration). The single occupancy room I had was tiny - I couldn't even fin my room as the signage was awful.
The staff, although satisfactory in behaviour, would not be the staff that is want to represent my company. They made me wait at reception for more than 5 minutes.
You always read about 'you get what you pay for' - why didn't I listen?

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business