“A good stay”
Review of The Brighton Hotel

The Brighton Hotel
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 13 March 2014

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The staff were extremely polite and well presented and nothing was too much trouble. A pleasant stay. disappointed at having to pay for disabled parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Iain L, General Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for your review and I was please to read you enjoyed your stay and found the staff polite and well presented. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Iain Lindsay

Always book direct with the hotel on 01273 820555 - we guarantee that you will not find the same room type at a lower price anywhere else and if it ensures you get the room & facilities that you want and rightly expect.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Hotel is straight on the beach but a bit out of the city center where all restaurants/pubs are. The interior and exterior could do with a (serious) renovation. There was a strong wind when we stayed and one could feel the wind in the room through the gaps in the windows. Staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Having just returned from a weekend stay at this hotel I feel that i have to review it.
Firstly, I realize that i did pay a good room rate, but surely that should not mean that we should be put into one of the worst rooms that I have ever seen!
Our check-in experience was OK.
Having eventually found our room on the fourth floor after negotiating the maze of corridors, I could not believe my eyes.
I will say that I had earlier contacted the hotel & requested a room in the quiet part of the hotel because I had read some reviews that said it was a bit noisy.
Upon entering the room it smelt very damp, the bathroom door opened onto the bed, the plaster work was falling off around the tiny window, the cable trunking was hanging off of the wall & best of all was the big water stain on the ceiling that had obviously run right down the wall. This room was no way big enough to be called a double.
Having complained to Reception, we were taken to see a couple of other spare rooms, 1 being in the basement which we declined. We decided to take 1 on the second floor, but to be honest, that wasn't much better. Windows screwed shut, but the bathroom window was wide open, which gave you & everyone else a lovely view while you were sitting on the toilet!.
We told reception that we weren't happy & although they couldn't do anything about it that night, they did offer to move us to a much better room the next day which we agreed to.
Breakfast, juice served to you at the table, i felt like it was being rationed!. The cold part of the buffet was average, nothing in particular. The toaster took forever to toast, i hate to think how they manage if they get a rush at breakfast! Having ordered our cooked breakfast, which did arrive quite quickly, we had to send it back because it was cold & served on a cold plate making it worse! Once it did arrive back I will say that it was piping hot. I will say that I think the waitress could of changed her black apron. Both mornings it was filthy!
We were told by Reception that we were being moved to another room & that they would do all that for us, including pack our things up. I received a phone call asking if we packed our things. I told them that we had been told to leave everything to them, I don't think it went down too well.
The room we were given was much better, with a sea view & a bigger bathroom. On the second floor. If we knew we would get this room again, then we might consider staying here again.
I did find it very embarrassing though as I had planned the break away for my guest and I.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ruralretreat1
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My experience : Stayed 3 days over New Year, 1st room at front of building water leaking on floor beneath window, glazing not fitted properly allowing wind & rain in, had to put bath towel in gap to keep it out! Screws missing, mould around top so whole blind came off when adjusting, wallpaper coming off with plaster! Complained to Manager, he agreed to reimburse one night's rate, which took 3 months to get back after a lot of phone calls to Ops Manager and was £20 down at one point! Atrocious customer service, like pulling teeth, told them I will not stay at Best Western again, I paid extra as thought a better standard of hotel - wrong! This hotel charges too much for poor rooms. Another room they were going to put me in the radiator didn't work so couldn't go there, had to sleep in the 1st room, howling winds all night so not a good sleep! Got larger room the next day - New year's Eve, not as nice a break as I thought. Please make your own mind up, this is just my experience. This hotel in my opinion should review its refund policy and make sure all employees know what to do if this happens. Reception told me to go to Booking Agent to get refund, they said hotel should have given me it - could do without the hassle to be honest.

Room Tip: Check the whole room immediately before unpacking, rooms at front of hotel battered from the element...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I arrived after midnight in Brighton to find no B 'n B's open. Seeing that this hotel was, and not wanting to walk any further, I checked in.
The cost of just a single room was £59.
In the room the TV did not work and sleep was impossible due to the buzz-saw snore of the occupant in the room next to mine. Having just come from Sweden where rooms in hotels are usually sound-proofed I was annoyed to have to request a change of room. The night staff was obliging and moved me to another room, which had an unpleasant musty smell, though the TV did work. However, I still got little sleep because of the constant coming and going of other, drunken, guests who seemed to think they were performers in a bedroom farce, slamming doors and talking in stage whispers.
I decided to check out early after a disappointing shower with poor water pressure.
I would not stay here again, nor recommend it to another visitor to Brighton.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Richard H
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This hotel fits with the Best Western brand and seaside hotel image. Bang on the front and only a 10 minute walk from the town centre, We were welcomed on arrival check in was seamless. I came back down to ask for a fan later, and this was also very quickly procured. We didnt bother with Breakfast so cant really comment on the food offering. Afternoon drinks at the bar were cheerfully served. Our room was very large on the 3rd floor facing the seafront. It has a sofa facing a bay window, but in february there wasnt really much to sit and watch - probably a different think in summer. Price was a little high for out of season, but not excessive given the large room and helpful staff

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AllanAndKK
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel after getting a good deal on a voucher website however once we arrived the hotel there was a cost for everything parking is £15 per night then to upgrade to a twin room it was £20 per night we did not eat in or drink in the hotel so cannot comment the bed was average however when they came to replace the towels only one was replaced decor and interior was average however the location is good and close to everywhere

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends