“Great stay”
Review of The Brighton Hotel

The Brighton Hotel
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in Brighton
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed recently. Enjoyed a lot. Friendly staff, good location. Worth price you pay for it. if I will stay in Brighton thats first on my list. recommend for others. keep up good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms the largest
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Iain L, General Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Great to hear you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Disappointment and does not live up to the Best Western brand name. My room is very small, but worse is the bathroom. The bathroom smells "old" and you can see exposed concrete and dirt around the pipings behind the toilet and the sink, which is very off putting. The shower constantly leaks water and sets the floor. You cannot lock the window and the safe in the room has no "lock", just a gapping "lock hole".
I won't stay there again when I visit Brighton and I will, for my learning next time, carefully evaluate the quality of my chosen Best Western hotel, obviously the standard is not consistent. Two good things: breakfast - you have a good choices for hot breakfast plus continental items, and a good view.
When the hotel hosts wedding parties etc, it is noisy, I can hear everything from my room. It is nice of them to notify the guests in advance, but disturbance is disturbance.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 320 for sure - that is a single room and it is not up to my expectation.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments and I apologise we did not meet your expectations. The safe locks are available at reception and detailed in our room directory. Unfortunately I do not know what room you stayed in as you did not leave similar comments on departure. If you could email me iain@lowygroup.com the room you stayed I can give you my comments.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Tired Hotel, shabby decor and shower areas. Room not ready at 2pm check in time. Noisy guests with an apology note in advance on the bed from management on arrival. Staggering £187 per night, excluding breakfast, does not represent fair value for money. Not recommended.

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

I apologise that the hotel did not meet your expectations regarding value for money. Our rates are based on supply and demand and compare favorably with other hotels in the city. I am sorry you feel you did not get value for money.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Hotel is in a great location and room had a great sea view. The staff was very friendly and accommodating...especially when parking my vehicle in their limited parking space. Hotel is a little tired but has character! The breakfast was good, many choices to choose from. I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
Iain L, General Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and found the staff friendly. I look forward to you returning again in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

It was clean and adequate for the money for a one-night stay, although somewhat old and shabby. I guess I am used to nicer and more modern Best Westerns in the United States. Main problem is the drunken rowdiness in the corridors all hours of the night, but this is apparently typical at Brighton hotels on a Saturday night. Staff is friendly and helpful. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised after reading many critical reviews. And it was the only hotel in Brighton offering single night lodging rather than requiring a full weekend booking.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Thank you for your comments after your recent stay. The hotel was build in the regency period and is convert from a series of town house giving it character. I was pleased you enjoyed your stay and I apologise if other guests disturbed your during your stay.

Hopefully if you are in Brighton again in the future you will return to the hotel.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I stayed here for one night, my room was large and comfortable, overlooking gardens and with a good view of the sea, the shower room small but functional.
Check was smooth, friendly and efficient, there is a ground floor bar and I took the lift to the Second Floor.
Having arrived at One o clock I was able to take advantage of the first come first serve parking at £15 per night.
The hotel is in urgent need of a facelift although I suspect that such is the demand for rooms in Brighton they are probably making money.
The hotel is situated bang on the sea front almost opposite the old ruined pier, about a ten minute walk to the town centre.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thanks for your response and I was pleased that you enjoyed your stay. The hotel does upgrade areas each year however is a listed building with limitations on what changes can be made without changing the character.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Stayed 4 nights last week and I have to say, slept like a log all week in my ‘double room’.
Took a bit of getting used to-I kept knocking things off shelves until I was acclimatised to the limited space.
One of my colleagues had a room with a sea view which in retrospect was a mistake, as he was kept awake by idiots playing with a Frisbee outside till the early hours.
The breakfasts were varied –the boiled eggs with dippy soldiers were excellent, given it must be 30 years since I had them last.
Shower could do with some maintenance as the hose kept falling on me as the connection was partly broken. I was also attacked by a flying dial, unhinged by the vibrating shower, which I had to stick back on.
Free wi fi was handy.
Bar was ok but needs more chairs and a choice of at least one beer-only lager and Guinness available.
Staff were lovely and attentive.
Wouldn’t go back due to the small rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mike S
Iain L, General Manager at The Brighton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Thank you for your review and I am sorry your found the bedroom too small. The hotel is listed and has various sizes of rooms. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your dippy soldiers and our free WIFI. Unfortunately we have tried selling draught beer however the demand was just not there. We sell a selection of bottled beers as an alternative.

Perhaps you will consider returning and booking a larger room.