“My First Review” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cote Brasserie - Brighton

Cote Brasserie - Brighton
Ranked #43 of 1,098 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: French, European, Central European
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“My First Review”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went here for my cousins Graduation meal on Tues night and had an excellent time...I worked FOH in restaurants for a large portion of my early life and thus am quite critical of the industry. Our food was great, the speed of service was above average for such a busy evening, the atmosphere and setting were lovely and our waiter (peter) was one of the best waiting staff I've experienced in a long long time. Id will recommend and re-visit as soon as I can.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went for a graduation lunch and although we only had the set 3 course meals, it was excellent. Great food, great service and a great atmosphere. Staff were wonderful. Wish we lived nearer. The best Creme Caramel I've ever had :)

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Evening had by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very busy restaurant last night in Cote and no tables available. Lovely manager suggested going to a pub next door and taking my mobile number. Turned out the pub was heaving and had a great time there and within half an hour the manageress had called to say there is a table ready for us. Brilliant service and had a great evening - even went back to the pub she suggested atterwards. Def will be going back. Alot.

1 Thank Marc C
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Shame about the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We went here for the eggs benedict as I'd read another review on here from someone who said it was the best they'd ever tasted.

Mine was the worst I've ever tasted which left me very sad.

We had quite a long wait for the food to arrive.

We ordered a coffee and orange juice and they came very quickly - I wasn't at the table and was disappointed that my coffee was left there. Would have been nice to have had it kept warm or only it had brought to the table when I was there.

I used the disabled loo, which was on the ground floor. That was immaculately clean and a pleasure to use. It also had a baby changing mat in there - attached to the wall, one of the ones you pull down to use.

The latte coffee was very good and a pleasure to drink. My husband loved his orange juice.

When the egg benedict finally arrived - I'd nearly finished my coffee as they took about 20 minutes to come!

We were firstly given one with ham and one with smoked salmon (we'd ordered both with ham).

We'd watched a young man come upstairs with a large tray with four plates on. He went towards the waitress who was on the other side of the restaurant and lowered the tray to her and she took two plates and took them over to another two customers. The man went towards a desk in the middle and stood there with the tray for a while. This seems daft to me to have someone bringing food up and only one waitress - when there's a lot of staff around - that this man is made to wait with food on a tray, why not have more than one waitress who can take food to a table or only bring one lot up at once or have two men to bring up the two orders and serve it immediately instead of standing around with it?!

So we got the wrong order and pointed this out immediately and our waitress went all the way over to the other table to retrieve the correct one and take the smoked salmon one to it's correct customer. So we had to wait longer whilst this went on!

Finally we got our complete order.

I happily cut into my egg and found it was not properly cooked and part of the egg white was uncooked - I hate this. The egg was not warm enough because it had not been properly cooked.

I'd waited so long and was hungry that I did not complain or change it as I didn't want to wait as long again and then my husband have to eat on his own.

The ham was very disappointing. Mine had a lot of fat around the edge - this should have been trimmed off - I hate fat on ham. The slice was very thin and because of this, we couldn't taste the ham at all.

The best eggs benedict we've eaten was at the Grand Floridian Hotel in Orlando. There the eggs were cooked perfectly - every time we ate this, which was a lot! The ham is a perfect round to fit the muffin and is a good quarter inch thick, if not more and very, very tasty.

I was very disappointed that this restaurant used a very thin, tasteless ham.

The muffin was toasted ok.

The hollandaise sauce was tasteless - I don't think it had any seasoning at all and if it did, it did not have enough. There was some paprika on top but I couldn't even taste that when I tried a little bit of that with the sauce.

Not good at all.

For £4.50 for the small portion we received it was not good value for money or enjoyable.

There was a bottle of water put on the table - in a stone jar which was not cold enough.

It was a very hot day and we needed a drink of water but this wasn't very pleasant. It's nice to get a complimentary bottle of water but it must be cold enough.

We loved the inside of this restaurant - it has been beautifully done up. I believe it's the old music library and the inside is lovely to look around when you're sitting at your table.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Happy Birthday Lunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

We came here to celebrate a significant family birthday and due to traffic problems etc some guests arrived later than the table was booked for...we arrived in installments and the waiting staff took it all in their stride and it in no way effected the service we received. Our waiter Liam coped magnificently with complex orders and general family chaos.

• 4 of 5 bubbles