“A wonderful evening”

Ranked #52 of 1,173 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: French
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our inspiration for the food and design of Cote is a modern interpretation of the many famous bistros of Paris. Inspired by new trends, we are dedicated to serving authentic classic brasserie dishes with a modern twist, using high quality produce at great prices. On the menu, guests will always find brasserie favourites on our a la carte menu such as steak frites, moules marinieres, corn-fed chicken from rural Brittany and tuna Nicoise, for dessert, Cote's creme caramel and creme brulee are much-loved house specialities. Seasonality and Cote's commitment to sourcing high-quality ingredients results in a monthly changing specials menu, ensuring there is always something new to delight regular guests and gastronomes alike, as well as the excellent value set menu. Open early every day for breakfast, through to lunch and dinner; Cote's atmosphere is informal and friendly.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I entertained a client for dinner. Everything was wonderful…even though they didn't understand what a gin gimlet was…champagne is so much more appropriate!
I had the fish parmentier; and it was outstanding. I loved it. The service was attentive, but unobtrusive.
I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Busy, buzzy and very good food every time. Best creme caramel around. Either lunch or dinner service is quick which is great when you either go back to work or go to the theatre. But staff never rushes you if you just enjoy your time there with friends.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

My partner and I were in Brighton for the day on the 02/08/2014 for pride. We were looking for somewhere nice to eat outside as we had our little dog with us. We stumbled across Côte Brasserie which was bustling and we were greeted by our waiter Erwan. He made us feel very welcome, he had a good knowledge of the menu and nothing was too much trouble for him. Our food was delivered quickly, was delicious and the restaurant were even kind enough to prepare some grilled chicken for our puppy.

Overall, it is a lovely restaurant, with great food and the service was outstanding.

It's very difficult to find a restaurant where the service remains at this level on a day like pride, where everything is generally a little chaotic. It is also easy to feel a little forgotten when you're sat at one of a few tables outside. This was most certainly not the case. Erwan was very attentive.

Highly recommended

1  Thank Jules-23_06-70
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went here for my cousins Graduation meal on Tues night and had an excellent time...I worked FOH in restaurants for a large portion of my early life and thus am quite critical of the industry. Our food was great, the speed of service was above average for such a busy evening, the atmosphere and setting were lovely and our waiter (peter) was one of the best waiting staff I've experienced in a long long time. Id will recommend and re-visit as soon as I can.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went for a graduation lunch and although we only had the set 3 course meals, it was excellent. Great food, great service and a great atmosphere. Staff were wonderful. Wish we lived nearer. The best Creme Caramel I've ever had :)