“Yum!”

Ranked #170 of 1,154 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$1 - US$32
Cuisines: African, Mediterranean, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Blue Man is a relaxed and informal Cafe-Bar with Brighton Soul and North African flavour. You can pop in for coffee (best in town!), Amazing selection of tea, a lovely wine list or a bit of food if you're hungry. We're chilled and informal and will make you feel very welcome. In the evening we host live events, acoustic nights, dancing, DJs and parties. Pop downstairs and feel a world away from the hustle and bustle in a haven that's a home away from home...
London, United Kingdom
“Yum!”
Reviewed 9 March 2013

Dropped by here as the atmosphere looked so inviting from the street. Had grilled halloumi with honeyed apple, fresh pita, salad, and hummus with mint tea. This is the first restaurant I haven't complained about since moving to the area. The food is simple, but pound for pound in taste. It was fresh with wonderful flavors that I scraped my plate clean! If I would describe my meal in a word, it would be warmth. Maybe it was the cozy atmosphere, but honestly, the food had me smiling for miles. Obviously, I'll be back.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank sweetblablag
jwdBrighton, Owner at The Blue Man, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We are so glad you had a good time and like our food so much!

Thank you so much for the lovely review.

Thanks
The Blue Man Team

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful cafe/restaurant”
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

My partner and I found this place by chance and we're so happy we did! We stopped in for lunch because of the proximity to Brighton Station and the promise of '100% Arabica Coffee'. The coffee was gorgeous and the food was fresh and fantastic - I haven't had such good Falafel in years! We will definitely be returning next time we are in Brighton and would urge anyone with a taste for North African dishes to give it a go!

jwdBrighton, Owner at The Blue Man, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Hello and thank you for your review, we're so glad you like our coffee - we're proud of it and get in a reserva especially!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Thanks
The Blue Man Team
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Morroccan Gem”
Reviewed 10 October 2012

My first taste of the cuisine from this part of African in many years, and I wasn't disappointed. Had a Lamb tagine and couldn't fault it on taste and quality. Will certainly go back if I'm in Brighton again.

• Visited November 2011
jwdBrighton, Owner at The Blue Man, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you so much for the lovely review, sorry it's a bit of a late response but we really appreciate your words and glad you enjoyed yourself so much.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Thank you!