“Fab Falafel meal and service with a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blue Man

The Blue Man
Ranked #144 of 1,113 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$1 - US$32
Cuisines: African, Bar, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The Blue Man is a relaxed and informal Cafe-Bar with Brighton Soul and North African flavour. You can pop in for coffee (best in town!), Amazing selection of tea, a lovely wine list or a bit of food if you're hungry. We're chilled and informal and will make you feel very welcome. In the evening we host live events, acoustic nights, dancing, DJs and parties. Pop downstairs and feel a world away from the hustle and bustle in a haven that's a home away from home...
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fab Falafel meal and service with a smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

The interiors and ombience of the place was lovely and very ornate. The music added to this and although we were the only once in the restaurant at the time (it was just a thursday afternoon) it felt very atmospheric and welcoming. My friend had the sausage and I tried the falafel at just £7 each. They both came with a whole pitta sliced up, minted cous cous, salad, homous or tzaziki and pomegranate seeds. It was delicious. We ordered the wedges with harrisa mayo which were incredible. The only issue was there was a little too much oil drizzled ontop for my liking, but other than that it was lovely. The lady that served us was super nice too, she tended to our every need and was very warm and welcoming. I would fully recommend trying it out, even if just for the wedges!

• Visited January 2014

Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a bit of a difference”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I hired the downstairs for my birthday (September) and had a brilliant night. Some friends ordered some dishes and said the food was delicious. Sitting in the downstairs we felt we could've been in a bar in another country. The staff were lovely, there was a new barmaid who had just moved over to England. I don't normally do reviews but after reading a couple of the horrendous ones I felt I had to put on here that my experience was so the opposite. If you are looking for somewhere a little bit different this is the place.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank AnneMc2014
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I came to this cafe by myself yesterday and was really happy with the friendly service and how fresh and simple the food was. A really nice menu and the man behind the bar was happy to talk to me about events they have there. This is nice when you are by yourself!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Why I Love Brighton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

The Blue Man is an incredible experience. I was recommended the Blue Man by friends who said they had an absolutely incredible time in the Blue Man and i wasn't disappointed. Food was incredible, staff friendly and spot on with their service. If you are visiting Brighton The Blue Man is a must it is what makes Brighton special.

P.S What i liked in particular were the Marquez sausages which are addictive.

England
“Cozy and quirky”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

I decided to try out the Blue Man purley on its tripadvisor rating and I'm glad I did because I would have never have gone in their otherwise because its just not that well known. Food was plently and really tasty. We had the mulled cider which was delicious and the bar man was very friendly and welcoming too. The atmosphere was warm and cozy and had a cool christmasy african theme going on. Prices were unbeatable. Definatly going back here again.

1 Thank roofusrabbit