“Just made it in time”

Ranked #524 of 1,168 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: A cosy cafe in The Lanes serving Brighton's Best Big Breakfast, chosen by Source Magazine as Brighton's best fry-up in Sept 2010. We cook breakfast from scratch, using local ingredients where possible, served with Yorkshire tea or lovely Triple Cert coffee.
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Had a great breakfast here before Christmas. Hope that it works in the new location - shame that the era has come to an end

There are newer reviews for Seven Bees Cafe

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to forego the free hotel breakfast and come here instead. Glad we did! Wonderful fry-up - great quality and friendly atmosphere.

Iain C, Owner at Seven Bees Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Really pleased that you found us and enjoyed your visit. The cafe has permanently closed now as the new landlord is replacing us with office space. I have opened a Seven Bees community cafe in St George's Church in Kemp Town (BN2 1ED) which is open Mon-Fri, and hopefully Saturdays soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We must have been using this cafe since not long after it opened 4 years ago whenever we come to visit our son who studied down here and liked it so much he decided to stay.
It is the only place that we have eaten (apart from Troll Burgers) in Brighton that I can recommend without hesitation.
The ingredients are all 1st class especially the mushrooms and sausage which are amazing.
We just need to find the church now for when it closes and I am looking forward to what will probably be my last visit on 14th December after having a great night the previous night watching From The Jam.
Nick

Thanks for your kind review and your custom over the last 4 years. Hope you can make it over to Seven Bees at St G's

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I found out about this cafe on tweeter I found it down a small lane in the middle of Brighton the food was very good & hot makes a very pleasant change The only bad news I have about this cafe is on scores on the doors gives it only one point for cleanest it's a real shame and that's the only reason I won't be going back to it

1  Thank Russ9294
Iain C, Owner at Seven Bees Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Hello there. Thanks for your review and I'm glad you liked your HOT breakfast. We try to make sure our plates are heated before we top them with our delicious breakfast.

Sorry to hear you won't be coming back. We received one star on a technicality as I had taken home the Food Diary restaurants must keep in order to print more daily sheets. I have a letter saying we would otherwise have achieved 4 stars, and I showed the food diary to the EHO the next day. I could apply for a reassessment but as our cafe has to close in December as the new landlord is demolishing the building in the new year it doesn't seem worthwhile. I'm satisfied our food is fresh and our preparation & cleaning procedures are sound, and in the four years the cafe has been open I've never received a report of sickness. We have had lots of lovely comments about our food, and I thank you again for your kind comments.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Best fry up I've had in Brighton, really quality meat and everything is really fresh. Everything you want in a classic English breakfast!

Iain C, Owner at Seven Bees Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

Thanks for your great review. The cafe is very busy (& leaky) at the moment so the staff are working really hard. It's really encouraging for us when we get a good review.