“great hospitality,we will be back”

Istanbul EV Guest House
Ranked #63 of 95 Brighton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 June 2014

we stayed at this guest house last weekend,price is very good when you compare it with the others(i have searched alot) location is perfect,staff are really welcoming,cheerfull.
beds are clean breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 June 2014

It was indeed in a very good location, in Central Brighton, close to all good places. Room was clean.Staff was nice and very helpful. I would recommend this place to people who are looking cheap, clean and a nice place close to all facilities.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Im a frequent traveller,i have chosen this hotel for the location....it right by the sea and 5 min a way from everything you need. Staff is perfect, fresh towels everday, tea coffee, also for a small guest house i had very good quality soap and i wasnt expecting shampoo but i had it : ))))i dont eat very heavy breakfast so i had egg and beans, but you can also have full english... Rooms are really clean there is a manager alba she is very friendly and helpfull. I will definitely will stay here again...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank zack s
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Thank goodness I was only there for one night. When I first walked in to the hotel it had a terrible smell of old cooking oil. I was then sent up to the 4th floor for my room. I could smell that they had been spraying that awful stuff Neutralodour. The smell made me feel sick. I asked if they had a bottle of wine I could buy and they looked shocked said they don't do food so no need for wine. They was right they don't do food. When the breakfast came out it had that same smell of old oil, I didn't or couldn't eat it it was terrible. It really wasn't very nice.
The bed was uncomfortable. There was no ensuite, so had to go down the landing to the bathroom which was always being engaged as it had the toilet in there to. I had a double room and thought I was getting ensuite as it said in the add.
I would not go back.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank swoulSister
Nilgun A, Manager at Istanbul EV Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear swoul Sister,

We are really sad to hear all of this. Unfortunately we don't have any alcoholic drink here and we apologize for not could satisfied you in this way. The fact is that we just serve breakfast. We always do our best and try to make customer as happy as we can, as you should know. We have a breakfast time and it was early for you and we change it with no problem.
I would like to say that we don't have a 4th floor, just 3rd and the booking you made was for a twin room shared facilities. In no case we change the customers booking. It was specified in the add that the room you had booked was with shared facilities which are just two steps away from your room, there was no need to going downstairs.

Anyway, thank you for all your recommendations which for sure we'll keep in mind to improve every day.

Best regards

Reviewed 24 May 2014

i enjoyed the food,location,room was clean. service was very good
i would recommended.
i would like to come back next year.also it is really good price when you compare to the other places at the weekend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank D. G
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Im a traveller, travilling with my husband, booked istanbulev but i wasnt really sure after reading few reviews,but i made a very good choice of staying here,im really happy that i stayed here,also staff were great. Thanks and im recommending this place ..,,,

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Lifto
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I ve stayed there with friends for the weekend, ive really liked the room as we paid half than other expensive hotels around.Room was clean, staff were lovely, i had full english breakfast in the morning, location was perfect, walked everywhere. Yes I would stay there again;))

• Stayed: April 2014