“Good food.. plenty of it”

BBQ Shack at The World's End Pub
Ranked #378 of 1,188 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

had the Brisket and pulled pork.. fries and onion rings.
loads of good meat, hardly any waste, and I am fussy when meat is fatty..

Good advise from the barman, said to go for a combo offer rather than the 2 meats deal as it is the same only cheaper.
excellent brisket, maybe next time I will just go for a double portion of this.. as it was tastier than the pulled pork.. a little dissapointed that there was only one bbq sauce now, no hot one or honey one this time, am sure there were more choices last time I was there.
All good though, was very full after the meal, as was my colleage and he is about twice the size of me! so it can't be bad.. Great value.. nice beer too..

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My last visit was at the very end of a weekday lunch service three years ago and it was a disappointing meal. Last Sunday I was in London Road so I decided to give BBQ Shack another try.

Thankfully, it was a lot lot better. I had the combo meal with 1/3 ribs and links (spicy sausages) which came with a garnish of sliced gherkin and mild chilli slices, a huge bowl of fries and a tiny pot of guacamole.

On the menu, a 1/3 of a rack of ribs seems a bit mean but believe me when it arrived there was more than enough. It was very meaty and I couldn't finish it all and I'm a big eater! It had a lovely sweet glaze and it is clear by the way the bones fell off the meat(!) it had been slowly cooked. There was just enough fat to give it a lovely flavour and texture. The links were OK but nothing spectacular and the chips were hot and tasty. The guacamole was disappointing. Such a small portion and although they said it was fresh, it lacked flavour. I would have preferred it to be more chunky and with some seasoning.

The main problem I have is with the venue. It's a dark and dingy pub with dark and dingy furniture including old church pews which is supposed to give the place some character. When the place filled with food odours, the smell wasn't that pleasant. Not that there is any issue with the freshness of the cuisine, it is because there is a lack of proper ventilation within that space.

Would I eat there again/ Definitely 'yes' for the food but 'no' to the horrible venue.

I would just like to say though, the staff were very friendly and efficient. They made me feel welcome and looked after.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Went to the BBQ Shack whilst visiting my sister living in Brighton. Unassuming pub and fairly rowdy because of the football but had heard good things about the food (sister had been before) so gave it a try... So glad we did! Portions were huge and great value for money. The meat was so tender and beautifully flavoured - the star of the show! The burrito with brisket and beans was gorgeous and their BBQ sauce is something else. Not on the nicest street in a Brighton but we'll worth the trip for some of the best meat I've ever tasted!!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

great service, great food, great value for money including the drinks...love it. This pub has thoroughly been turned around and definitely the best burger in Brighton and such a wide choice of fillings

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Me and a group of my friends went for dinner, i ordered the ODB( have no idea what that stands for) burger, and it was literally as big as my head, I couldn't finish it, however it was tasty enough for me to have the leftovers the next morning for breakfast(I took it home in a takeaway box). It was really good food and I will definitely go back. The service was great, the three barmaids on shift were really friendly and I enjoyed the music. Definitely a winner!