“Undoubtedly the best cakes in Brighton”

Julien Plumart Boutique
Ranked #5 of 14 Bakeries in Brighton
Price range: US$3 - US$56
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Exquisite French Patisserie Boutique serving cakes, award-winning macarons and confectionary. We only use the finest ingredients to create beautiful and delicious cakes along with 18 sumptuous flavours of macarons. Come and try our surprise flavour too! Gorgeous birthday cake available daily. Bespoke celebration & wedding cake made to order. Macarons tower and favours also available.
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It is simply not possible to pass this shop without buying cakes or macaroons. The display in the counter is so enticing I kept buying more and more cakes and the person serving had to keep getting out a bigger box! The cakes are so beautifully made that it almost seems a shame to eat them, but when you do, the flavours are out of this world! The macaroons are the best I have ever eaten, in particular the mojito flavour; so delicious! If you are visiting Brighton, you simply must drop in for a cake!

1  Thank Lucy_LouBrighton

Reviewed 22 May 2014

On a day or to Brighhton me and my husband chanced upon this restaurant. We had drinks and two creations. I hesitate to call them cakes, since they were so much more.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I Just Love This Place the staff are excellent the service you get is first Class
and you can sit outside or upstairs and enjoy your coffee and cake in such a lovely place
cannot be better in Brighton George

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I love this place for both sit in and take away.
You can sit outside or inside and upstairs in nice surroundings, offering a number of refreshments.
The cakes are amazing and are lovely for special occasions or a treat for after dinner. There's still so many I haven't tried but will do so in the future!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife is something of a macaroon connoisseur, she certainly knows the exquisite from the dreary, the fresh from the stale.... And she says this shops sells the best macaroons in Sussex, probably in England. Which means she's right.
Seriously, though, they are exquisitely presented - pricey, sure - £1.45 each - but beautiful and delicious.
If ever I want to get in to the wife's good books - or get into anything else of the wife's for that matter - I'll pick up a large box of these as a surprise.
She'll squeal with delight - then moan about how much money I spent - then scoff them all in one, or maybe 2, sittings. Whilst making little lady grunts of pleasure.
Done and done.

I have never tried any of the other beautiful looking cakes nor stopped for tea or coffee here - only shopped for macaroons. Which are awesome. Have I mentioned that already?