“Good takeaway food for lunch, slightly expensive”
Review of Kokoro

Kokoro
Ranked #361 of 1,165 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Have been a few times to Kokoro for a take-out lunch. Food is pretty good, tasty and good portions. Would grumble a bit at the price - its more central London pricing I would say - £5.75 for a Medium takeout (but that's quite big to be fair)

There are newer reviews for Kokoro

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Went in on my lunch break and ordered the katsu chicken with rice and was amazed at how much you get for such a great price! Staff are very nice and loyalty card is great as you get a stamp for every £5 spent rather than per meal. Have been back since, very happy :)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Food was as good as I have come to expect from the Kokoro I visit most often (Guildford), although of the four meals we ordered - two chicken curry with rice, and two sweet chilli chicken with noodles - they managed to get one wrong. Given that they are essentially just putting two ingredients in a pot, I'm not quite sure how they managed this! However, just as the member of our party was getting up to take the food back a server came to our table with the correct meal. To give her credit, she apologised and replaced the food with a smile.
At any Kokoro, you always get good food and plenty of it, for a very good price. However, I am surprised the Brighton Kokoro looked like a school dining hall from the 1980's, with too few chairs. Come on guys - this is Brighton .... try making the interior a little more interesting!! I'm not suggesting large expenditure - just a bit of style, to reflect the location and your mostly young or young-at-heart customers.

2  Thank EuroCityWeekender
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Always when i go to Brighton i go there. Nice sushi and cheap. Like Wasabi in London, only less choices. I recommend to everyone, who need have fast lunch, dinner or takeaway. I go there usual with my family or with friends. :)

Reviewed 10 October 2013

In short get the medium Katsu spicy pork combo with steamed rice, it is by far the best takeaway food you can get in central Brighton. It is canteen style so its quick and fresh and we get it on a weekly basis. usually on Thursdays.