“Nice Food - Terrible Customer service!”
Review of Kokoro

Kokoro
Ranked #408 of 1,196 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I work in an office near to Koroko and really enjoy the food for lunch. I wouldnt say it is the best Japanese food i have ever eaten but its tasty and convienient for a work lunch.
I would probably eat lunch there every day if it wasnt for this one woman who works there. She is without a doubt the rudest most misarable woman i have ever been served by.
The last time i went there she was so rude and unhelpful i walked out and i doubt i will ever go back.
I find it hard to understand how this woman got a job which involves human contact!

A regular tub of food to take away is around £5 so i estimate that i would have spent around £1000 so far if it wasnt for the apauling show of customer service by this one lady, and im not the only one. Other people in my office have also only visted once and never returned due to the same experience.

I would like to add that this does not apply to everyone who works at Kokoro, i have been twise and the first time i went the service was friendly.

1  Thank LittleBluey

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Lovely food, good price, very flavorful (despite the meat being a bit chewy in places), but as it was been recognized previously there is one VILE girl who works here. This socially inept, rude and unhelpful woman has actually made me and my colleagues stop going here for lunch. She will give you a look that would that would melt ice, rush you through your choice and give you unbelievably small portions. I assume this person must have a job here due to family relations or something, otherwise i cannot understand why ANYBODY would hire or continue to employe such an utterly useless and rude girl. The other staff on the other hand are lovely and helpful. Such a shame this one person has lost so much business.

1  Thank 247daisy
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Have been a few times to Kokoro for a take-out lunch. Food is pretty good, tasty and good portions. Would grumble a bit at the price - its more central London pricing I would say - £5.75 for a Medium takeout (but that's quite big to be fair)

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Went in on my lunch break and ordered the katsu chicken with rice and was amazed at how much you get for such a great price! Staff are very nice and loyalty card is great as you get a stamp for every £5 spent rather than per meal. Have been back since, very happy :)

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Food was as good as I have come to expect from the Kokoro I visit most often (Guildford), although of the four meals we ordered - two chicken curry with rice, and two sweet chilli chicken with noodles - they managed to get one wrong. Given that they are essentially just putting two ingredients in a pot, I'm not quite sure how they managed this! However, just as the member of our party was getting up to take the food back a server came to our table with the correct meal. To give her credit, she apologised and replaced the food with a smile.
At any Kokoro, you always get good food and plenty of it, for a very good price. However, I am surprised the Brighton Kokoro looked like a school dining hall from the 1980's, with too few chairs. Come on guys - this is Brighton .... try making the interior a little more interesting!! I'm not suggesting large expenditure - just a bit of style, to reflect the location and your mostly young or young-at-heart customers.

2  Thank EuroCityWeekender