“Great stuff Great staff!”

Ground Coffee Houses
Ranked #43 of 78 Coffee & Tea in Brighton
Price range: US$1 - US$13
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Independently brewing exceptional coffees and loose leaf teas from the UK's finest suppliers. Breakfast croissants, granola pots, muesli and beautiful pastries from Julian Plumart for breakfast. Homemade soups and salads, and sandwiches prepared on stone ground organic bread from Flint Owl Bakery in Lewes. Fresh juices made to order. We're also friendly, musical and quite clean. This is the place!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great coffee - check
Great food - check
Super service - check
And the only reason I have to continue is because I need to put down 100 or more characters... 'Ground' is a gorgeous little gem of a coffee shop and it serves top notch food and drinks. On a sunny morning the good coffee smells waft outside invitingly and you won't be disappointed if you follow your nose!

Richard C, Owner at Ground Coffee Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thanks a lot for the feedback, we never get tired of hearing it. The best staff deserve the best customers and in that sense we're blessed. See you in the shop.

Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Love, love this place. Have been a fan from the start. I'm a bit if a coffee aficionado and this place is right up there, top of my list of coffee places to go to. Handy I live round the corner. The guys who work there are friendly, super coffee geeks. Hang out here if your in need of a caffeine fix!

Regulars are the heart of our business. We're glad you've adopted us and we'll always do our best to keep up the standards.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Outstanding coffee, excellent service and good atmosphere at both cafes. Community minded owners who know their locals and take time to get feedback. They sell their great coffee to take home with 25p off if you recycle/reuse the bag. Also they offer work experience to students at a local college for young adults for learning disabilities.

Wow, thanks a lot for all the love. We've got a great team and always put our customers first. Glad to see it's appreciated!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

As a fanatical coffee enthusiast and newbie to Kemptown, I was very excited to discover my local coffee shop Ground with the highest expectations. Even upon entry, I found that I was warmly greeted with smiles all round and was instantly put at ease. I made my way to the bar to order my drink and was served immediately and efficiently. It was as clear as day that the staff take their work very seriously with passion to ensure the coffee was of the best quality, which reflected brilliantly in my coffee choices of a flat white and a long black. Taking into consideration the quality of the coffee, I felt it was fantastic value for money; I have spent the same amount of money or more for coffee in endless amount of coffee shops and never found the coffee to be so delicious!
As for the atmosphere, it was truly lovely and lively. As I recall, Bonobo was playing, which as a huge fan myself made my experience all the more enjoyable and have since found the music is very eclectic and fitting. I was also pleasantly surprised to see the staff interacting with the customers so naturally, including the children, again only added to the wonderful atmosphere. Eager to learn more about coffee myself, I already felt comfortable enough to ask questions, despite it being a busy period and found that the staff were very attentive and more than happy to share their knowledge about a passionate subject of mine.
All in all, the whole experience exceeded my expectations above and beyond and I couldn't rave about the place more! I am happy to say that I am now a regular customer at Ground, whether it be to do some work alone or for meeting friends for a catch up... it really does tick all the boxes!

1  Thank Sarah C
Richard C, Owner at Ground Coffee Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We appreciate our regulars at least as much as they appreciate us!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've been going to Ground for years and it remains my go-to place in Brighton. It has an excellent vibe, the friendliest and most attentive staff ever - especially the Australian girl, she is fabulous! The music is good and the coffee is some of the best in the area. It also has pretty funky designs on the milk.

The food is delicious: the toasted sandwiches are rad and the cakes are moist and flavourful, however, the flapjacks remain my absolute favourites. This place is super chilled, super cool and if you're looking for fab people and fantastic coffee this is the place to go!

Richard C, Owner at Ground Coffee Houses, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hi and thanks for the kind words. It's a mixed bag with these review sites but we appreciate and will respond to all feedback. I'm glad you've been a happy customer for so long. We'll do our best to keep you happy!