“Great wine bar/resturant a little quiet”
Review of Busby and Wilds

Busby and Wilds
Ranked #103 of 1,140 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Busby and Wilds is a family owned, neighborhood public house, which prides itself on its quality of ingredients; all freshly prepared to order. We have a love of Food and Drink, all at a reasonable price in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
london
“Great wine bar/resturant a little quiet”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I was so surprised with the relaxed decor, this Farrow & Ball painted pub looks straight out of Nottinghill. Brigth and sunny with scrubbed tables and no doubt candles at night, this place is a great venue for lunch. The staff were attractive which always helps too. I had mussels and chips for lunch which was excellent and arrived quickly with scummy bread. We had Sav Blanc which was well priced and also very flavoursome, there was also a wide selection of bespoke beers. I've heard its very quiet at night which works two ways, I dont like a packed pub so suits me for other a busy vibe is crucial. I think the reason for this is that this pub used to be in transition for years, it was one thing going bust after another, so no-one knows its a good pub. Perhaps they need to get the word out, personally I love it, and I'm going back this lunchtime to prove it.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Modern , cool, casual, yummy”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Got dragged here by the younger generation for burger night, not a fav food of mine! but.... great place nice decor and friendly welcome , attentive casual service , and great burger choice, I had a classic burger which proved to be fantastic , bursting with flavour and fresh tasting , if all burgers were like this I might change my views on them!
Good wine choices and beers available and a great place to relax and enjoy cat and good value food , defo going again soon

Brighton
“A wonderful local find”
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited late afternoon for a roast.

We arrived at 5.30pm and were one of 3 couples in there.

The welcome was warm, and the restaurant looks great. Comfy, informal, warm and rustic.

We both had the roast pork. The meat melted in the mouth. The veg were seasonal and superb. Crispy Yorkshire pudding, sweet apple sauce and flavoursome gravy were all delightful. The only downside was that the roast potatoes were not to my liking. I like them very crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. Whilst they were not like this, they still tasted nice and were well seasoned.

Service was efficient and friendly, with tap water provided without asking.

With a pint of 5.6% cider each, the bill came to £30.

We were very satisfied and will return. Next time we'll have more courses though!

Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Great food and very friendly”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Excellent food, consistently good and friendly staff make this our Friday night must. The limited menu (a plus) is constantly changing with new dishes being added. Food is cooked to the highest standard and definitely the best burgers in town so Tuesday's is always popular.

Newhaven, United Kingdom
“Fantastic and very friendly”
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

This is one of the most enjoyable meals I've had in Brighton the food was first class and the staff were so friendly it was unbelievable it was like going in to your old local pub I can not express how good the food was at a very fair price going back soon as it is very close to Brighton Marina⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️