“We just keep going back!”
Review of Busby and Wilds

Busby and Wilds
Ranked #104 of 1,203 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Busby and Wilds is a family owned, neighborhood public house, which prides itself on its quality of ingredients; all freshly prepared to order. We have a love of Food and Drink, all at a reasonable price in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Busby and Wilds has become our regular haunt for a good local meal now.

Our most recent visit was for Burger Tuesday. Burger, chips, coleslaw and a pint for £10.

Everything was delicious and the service brilliant. The home made mayo is excellent with the proper chunky chips.

Having eaten there 8 or 9 times now, we haven't had a meal that wasn't superb.

We love the relaxed atmosphere, friendly crowd and occasional dog :-)

Need to stop telling people about it though, it's getting harder to get a table!

3  Thank DWLBrighton

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Following a last minute decision to not cook went here and it was great! Service v good, menu was full of culinary delights. My food was full of flavour and very satisfying. wine list was lean but found a nice Pinot noir which saved the day. Recommend trying....I will definitely be going back

3  Thank zoey c
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Our favourite place to eat in Brighton. Emily, Simon and the team are welcoming and friendly and have created a great atmosphere as well as serving consistently good food. Very good value.

3  Thank DrewEssex
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Had lovely family meal here last week. Food immaculately presented. Ham hock terrine as starter was great. I had the house burger, as did two other members of our family...it was lovely, obviously freshly prepared, rocket, guerkin,tomato, and choice of cheese ( I had cheddar). Desserts also to die for. Plum crumble with a rosemary custard (wow! Such a subtle taste.), and the chocolate/beetroot fudge flan with ice cream was unusually brilliant. Lots of unusual beers too.Coffee/tea. We went mid week evening so it wasn't too crowded. I also hear their Sunday lunches are good too. Hope to visit again.

3  Thank Dinah H
Reviewed 17 February 2014

What a lovely pub in a quiet little street in Kemptown.
We went for Sunday lunch and were not disappointed, the food was very good indeed.

Starters: Pork belly croquettes with anchovy aoili; Crisy hen's egg with parma ham and artichoke -
Both were excellent and more like we've had in very good restaurants, rather than in a pub.

Mains: she had Rabbit tagliatelle and I had Roast beef with all the trimmings -
Again both were tasty, well cooked and full of flavour. I could go on and on, but to get a Sunday roast so right is difficult and impressive. I polished off the lot.
The pasta & huge portions of rabbit were bursting with flavour and I took quite a few mouth-fulls from my partner who could not finish it all!

Service was a little slow, this was simply due to the fact every table was full from when we arrived to over 2 hours later when we left and saw some turned-around and then new people seated. Luckily we were in no rush and enjoyed the relaxing environment and charm this pub has.
It must be said that the service was also very friendly and informative.

The entire meal cost around £45 for 2 courses with drinks and service. Good value and well worth the visit. I can only recommend you book a table as it is very busy.

2  Thank david b