“Nice little gastropub”

Busby and Wilds
Ranked #99 of 1,113 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$10 - US$19
Cuisines: Pub, Gastropub, Bar, British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Busby and Wilds is a family owned, neighborhood public house, which prides itself on its quality of ingredients; all freshly prepared to order. We have a love of Food and Drink, all at a reasonable price in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
“Nice little gastropub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Went here for a meal with my wife. When we arrived we had a drink in their nice garden/courtyard. Then had our meal indoors - the manageress/owner was very attentive and friendly. The food was great - I recommend the walnut salad as a starter. The steak was cooked a <tad> more than I wanted, but was still delicious.

We were waiting for someone to take our order for dessert for a while, and as we had to another appointment, we had to give it a miss - next time.

Bill was very reasonable!

Would definitely return!

• Visited June 2014

London
“Great food - real gem of a place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

Cozy and cool interior. Well executed simple menu. Great management and staff. AMAZING sticky toffee pudding.

Visited January 2014
Brighton
“Back again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We went for the Tuesday burger night. A burger (with chips and coleslaw - both home made) and a drink for £10. The menu for Tuesday evenings is just burgers, as far as I can tell.

I'm a big eater so had the double burger with onion rings on the side. Both had a £3 surcharge. Partner had the spicy burger.

Both meals were excellent. Perfectly cooked chips, fresh crunchy coleslaw, and a soft burger full of different flavours and textures. Home made mayo on the side made it even better. The portion of onion rings was enormous, and the best I've ever had.

All of the above, including 2 pints of ice cold cider and service for £30 - excellent value for such good food in such good surroundings.

Staff as lovely as ever, and toilets spotless.

Will definitely keep returning

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Mixed Bag”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just got back from Sunday lunch here, which my wife kindly bought for us. She ordered roast beef and upon ordering the bar staff (possibly manager) said to her, "you do know it comes pink", rather patronising as how else would one expect beef to come? I ordered roast pork

The food came very quickly indeed and I must say my wife's beef and the shared vegetables were very good. The Yorkshire puds were overcooked and crunchy, not crispy. My pork appeared very chewy and I found this was because it still had the wrapping string attached! I pointed this out to the waitress mentioned above and she mumbled a rather insincere apology. I felt like saying, "rather than offering us a patronising lesson as to how food should be prepared, perhaps we should be doing this to you guys". But of course I merely made a note to not return here for food.

Nicely decorated place with lots of space and sun shining in the windows makes it a good location for a quick bite, but watch out for the lectures and string!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Squicker531
london
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

After last weeks disappointment, we met some friends at this wonderful Kemp Town brasserie with no expectations. I made a bit of a mistake by mistaking complete strangers for my friends and nearly sat down at their table. This place is exactly as a bar should be, great wines, candles on table, painted wooden panels, and lots of people with friend chatting away giving this place a real buzz about it, I ordered asparagus for starters with crushed walnuts, which was goos but my partner ordered pork terrine it was sublime huge chunks of perfectly cooked pork in a moist pate. We both had steak which was over cooked to a good medium rather than medium rare, but still was tasty and wholesome, the homegrown chunky chips with skins on were divine as was the caesar salad with a delcious dressing. Good price too, I'll be back and this could be my new regular place to eat. Service was lovely too, with a smile!

• Visited May 2014