“Slow but good”

Price range: US$11 - US$16
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 June 2014

It's nice to see a real pub that caters to veggies. It has good real ale as well. The staff are friendly and the food is good. The only drawback was that the food took so long to arrive (45 mins). So you may want to order and then take a look around the area, it's not far from North Laine. Come back when it's ready.
The food is pub food though, so it's quite heavy and fried (I had the black bean burger with chips), don't expect lightly steamed broccoli or bamboo sprouts and tofu. Hey, it's pub food! And veggie!

There are newer reviews for The Prince George

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Really enjoyed my recent visit to the Prince George. I had been there many moons ago though have never eaten there before. As a veggie I am usually quite disappointed with the fayre usually available to me at pubs - but this was really quite lovely and so good to eat somewhere that is just vegetarian - so refreshing. The waiting staff were attentive and friendly. The food of a good standard for a pub meal - all in all an enjoyable atmosphere and I will definitely be back there next time I'm in Brighton :)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We went here twice during the Fringe Festival and loved it both times. The staff are very nice, the food is delicious and the price is right. As a vegetarian it's fantastic going to a pub and not having to pick through the menu for a few vegetarian options (though Brighton is better about this than most cities.) I had the Falafel Burger the first time and the Mozzarella wrap the second time. Everything was delicious and served promptly. Wish I had the time to eat there a few more times.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I recently had my wedding reception for around 40 people at the Prince George and it was faultless. Head chef Mark and his team created an amazing lunch for us all which went down very well with our guests. The bar staff worked very hard to make sure our thirsty crowd were well looked after and in all the atmosphere was great. Thank you the Prince George!

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Everything I didn't like about the George - poor service, can't book a table, being served first when you were last to order (and vice versa) - and then issues with the food order anyway - didn't bode well and I stopped using it on my visits and meet-ups in Brighton.

However, under new management I can now book a table, be greeted by lovely hard working staff, get great beer and great food. A vegan can't really ask for more.

So well worth another try if you haven't visited for a while.

1  Thank Frank T