“So much love for this place!”
Review of Zushi - CLOSED

Zushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I used to work just up the road from here and had some leaflets dropped in and so we thought we'd have a go and try it!
I am so glad we did - i have been back so many time since and collected a takeaway and the food has always been incredible. A couple of times certain dishes were not available which was a bit annoying but this was maybe 2 or 3 weeks into them opening and so little technical issues here and there can only be expected, but i have since had no problems.
Staff are lovely and have often thrown in a few freebies!
Food wise, this place is great to introduce yourself to sushi or thai/japanese cuisine. I can only describe it as sushi meets wagamamas - they do a wide selection of hot cooked food and beginners sushi rolls - cannot recommend their teriyaki chicken enough!

Noticed the review below - i can't vouch for their delivery service as i have always just walked down/picked it up after work etc. but i know of friends that have and have never had any problems so maybe this was a one off.

I have never eaten in but believe they have seating downstairs and last time i spoke to them they said they were working on opening a roof terrace - if this is the case i will definitely be venturing back down to Brighton just to try it.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

After hearing good things about the sushi from here we decided to order some for delivery, the website was a little tricky to use but we placed our order and received and email conformation.

The website stated that they would call to confirm all orders within 15 mins. After 20 minutes I thought I should just call to check what was going on and was greeted by an answering machine.

Called a few more times. Still no answer and our sushi never arrived. Money hasn't gone from my account yet but if it does I shall be calling to complain. If I can!

1  Thank Ahrjfks
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Working in town centre I regularly visit zushi for take away quick lunches to eat back at my desk. Food is freshly prepared, is reasonably priced and clean inside. Servers are always friendly and happy too and often remember my favourite orders!

Reviewed 8 April 2013 via mobile

We decided to try Zushi for lunch as a bit of a change and didn't want to go to the more well known brand of sushi restaurant. The staff were helpful, the menu process easy to understand and the food fresh and tasty. The downstairs restaurant is very tiny but clean, we were the only ones there.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

Needed a cheap place to have a light lunch and this pretty much hit the spot. I was heading towards a slightly pricier Vietnamese restaurant but realised I didn't want to spent much. I think I paid just under a tenner for my Mint Tea, Vegetarian Don (costs more if eaten in) and Skewers (costs more if eaten in), which I thought was alright.

The food arrived for both my Partner & I about 10-15 minutes after we ordered at the counter, and it tasted really fresh! My Tofu skewers weren't smothered in the Miso Sauce, so it gave the Tofu a chance to shine through and it wasn't sickening. The Don wasn't swimming in any sauce, the Mushrooms & Tofu were lightly covered in the flavourings so you get a chance to taste everything without anything overpowering one another. I could taste the Miso, Mushroom, Tofu, Rice.. etc and I felt there was a nice balance overall.

They supply wooden knifes and forks, plastic spoons, chopsticks, tissue.. etc for you to grab for yourself, as it is casual place to dine in. The seating area downstairs was clean, pretty and quite small. I rather liked the green seating and it was nice to see they had posters on the wall illustrating that their produce is local. It was really empty, so not much of an atmosphere, but the music in the background was really good. I expected Japanese music but it was old soul/rock/indie, which was random but to my taste.

Overall, I do recommend it to people who are a fan of Japanese cuisine which doesn't break the budget.

1  Thank Tahsina92