“Best Bar in Brighton”

Green Muse
London
“Best Bar in Brighton”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Brightons bar scene suffers from far too many identikit places owned by large companies (Drink in Brighton / Indigo pubs).

This place is different specialising in well kept Continental beers and Absinthe, the latter I havent tried but many times have watched it being meticulously served in a well practised method with water poured over sugar to dilute the spirit.

Its a great bar in a part of town on the rise (Meat Liquor / Shuffle Bar). Recent Saturday nights I have visited featured a DJ with eclectic tastes playing to the crowd. It seems to get busier each week - so check it out while you still can.

Visited April 2014

brighton
“wonderful bar”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

great place to pop into. dont be fooled reports this is an amazing bar that sells some really unique beers and spirits that you dont find anywhere else in brighton. brilliant service from the staff member james who was friendly and really knew what he was talking about.

• Visited December 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

I've recently started working around the corner from The Green Muse and came in after work with my friends. I've lived in Brussels and this place took me straight back there..

As we came in there was the smell of Absinthe in the air, they have an amazing selection if Belgian beers and some great tunes playing in the background.

I had a Delirium Tremens Pink Elephant blonde beer and my friends tried some of the American beers. They were delicious! I had to have an Absinthe! I had the weaker Clandestine 53 but you can have up to 72%. So delicious and smooth. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. I loved it!

The place is small and cosy and the staff are friendly and attentive. This place will become my new regular haunt and if you like something new and unique in Brighton you should definitely give this place a try. Recommended!

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Rude staff”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I walk passed Green Muse every day on the way to and from work, and thought it would be good to support a new cafe bar in the local area.

I wish I hadn't bothered. Despite the place being empty, the 2 members of staff could not be more disinterested if they had tried.

They made zero effort to promote the happy hour or absinthe cocktails, which seems stupid as the whole USP is based around the Green Muse being an absinth bar.

I wont be going back and won't be shocked if they shut down soon.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A good place to share a few drinks and relax”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

They have a well stocked bar with almost anything available including various varieties of absinth and bottled lager. It has a nice atmosphere, small enough to be cosy but large enough for several groups without being cramped. Recommended.

• Visited October 2013