“The best thai curry I've ever had”
Review of Thai Pad Thai

Thai Pad Thai
Ranked #834 of 1,186 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I'd been tipped off that this place didn't look anything special but that the food was incredible. I'd say that was a pretty good assessment.

I'm not sure how to do justice to how good the food was. I had the Massaman curry and I can't get over how good it tasted. My partner had duck and it was very well cooked.

The service was friendly and prompt, and I found the atmosphere cosy and relaxing.

Definitely coming back on my next trip to Brighton.

1  Thank Anna M

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I wouldn't come here for dinner as I find it a bit dreary inside and there's not much of an atmosphere. The staff seem fine. There's so many better Thai restaurants but occasionally I'll go for a take away. It's a bit inconsistent, sometimes the pad thai dishes are nice other times they are lacking flavour and the ingredients don't seem to be very fresh. The Jungle or red curries are usually tasty but again, sometimes I've got them and found them to be a bit disappointing. Price is reasonable if you get a good fresh tasty dish!!

1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Ordered their Jungle Fried Rice - 'Spicy mixed seafood
Hot & spicy fried rice with egg, fresh chilli & basil leaves' to take away. Got it home and was dismayed to find there was no fresh chilli and zero basil leaves. Instead of an aromatic, tasty dish I was left with a extremely bland egg fried rice. It wasnt convenient to return it so I ate it. On returning to the restaurant to express my disappointment I was told that 'basil leaves werent always in all the dishes' eh?? After reading out the printed ingredients from their own menu to the guy who served me I was still treated to a kind of tough, get over it attitude which to be honest doesnt make me want to return and try again - it seems pretty hit and miss. Order at your own peril.

1  Thank m b
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I love this little restaurant, freindly staff, nice atmosphere, good value and good food. It can be good to go with a large ish group and also good for a romantic meal for two. As its quite a small venue, however, if there is a big group and you want to have a quite couples meal it can be a bit noisy, but the bring your own booze policy might mean you can be a noisy couple too. Rest assured, this is by no means a place where drunk people go to eat, its simply that the atmosphere is variable on any given day. I love thai food and I love this restaurant and yes I have been to Thailand. I recommend that too.

2  Thank egg s
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Had takeout from here and it is now my default takeaway! I always have red duck curry and jasmine rice. It never disappoints! Such a generous portion and always more than enough duck!

1  Thank romi1331