“One of the best around”
Review of Smokeys

Smokeys
Reserve with OpenTable
Smokeys is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 1,173 Restaurants in Brighton
Price range: US$13 - US$37
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Smokeys, a slice of American heaven by the British seaside.We've taken the best of classic roadside cuisine from the heart of the States, added a pinch of spice from South of the border, and brought it on home to Brighton. We proudly serve California Brunch and Texas BBQ, freshly prepared with love and care from the finest local ingredients for your dining delight, day and night.Smokeys offers Brighton something new and something special - a celebration of satisfying American cuisine, lovingly crafted from the very best local ingredients.Inspired by a trip to the California desert, where good food well-cooked is a part of everyday life, we wanted to bring that delicious home-cooked taste back to Brighton.
Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

Best BBQ food I have had over here.
On a par with the amazing BBQ pits in the U.S.A
You must come here at least once.
Reasonably priced, nice atmosphere ( especially outside in the summer ) and great portions

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Really quick service without compromising the quality of the food.
Every time I've been the food has been fantastic, the restaurant clean and the staff lovely and helpful.

Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

If you enjoy your ribs or burgers then pop in here.

Monstrous portions & if you can't eat it all ask for a takeaway bag which they'll always oblige with.

First class & delicious ! Very reasonably priced & you won't go home hungry. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2014

my partner and i went to this restruant following some recommendations from trip advisor. i have to say at first glance smokeys isnt very enticing. but my god was i mistaken.
from the moment we sat down, it was an enjoyable experience. the staff were so lovely, and really gave the feel that they were enjoying themselves being there.
i had the bbq pulled pork and fries, and we ordered mac and cheese side as well as the jalepinos. the food was amazing from start to finish, and the portion sizing was insane. we had to have the other half in a doggy bag. we tried the milkshakes as well, which were on of the best i have ever had. the waiter we had was so lovely, he even wrote a little food related story on the doggy bags, which just added to the enjoyment. the best thing about this place is that they dont try to be more than they are. they dont need big advertisment, they know they are good and they like us to discover that.
all in all i would travel the two hour trip just to get a bite from this place. everyone should go.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

I have a reputation for being difficult to please in when it comes to eating out. This is not so! I am easily pleased if restaurants offer good food at good prices and deliver what they offer. Smokeys did all of the above for me, my wife and two teen-aged sons on our recent trip to Brighton. We had pre-booked for breakfast( not necessary as it turns out) but decided to eat there on the night of our arrival as it was only a few doors away from the Hilton hotel where we were staying. The simple decor was not over done with Americana and all the staff we encountered were friendly, attentive, and professional. The food was of a very good standard with generous portions and arrived promptly. Any requests to alter the components of a given meal to allow for personal preferences were easily dealt with and followed through from waiting staff to kitchen and back to the table. Great! Doesn't always work out that way. A big plus was the free bottles of ice cold water placed on the table without request and the re-fills that the attentive waiting staff kept topped up when necessary.
The prices were very good. Excellent if you consider the sea front location in Brighton. Personally I never enjoy a meal if I feel the establishment is robbing me silly on the price, and having worked in catering in the past I know it does not have to be that way. No "discretionary" service charge either which means you can tip as you feel appropriate which in this case means I am inclined to be generous as they deserved it.
All in all a very good experience and one I shall be repeating when ever possible.