“Disappointed”

Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stopped in the other night probably just before closing. The food was in a jumble behind the counter, and it just didn't look appetizing. There was food debris scattered all over the counter.

I was really looking forward to eating here because of the reviews and because it is so close to where we were staying, but I just couldn't bring myself, to sit down in the restaurant. Instead I got take away, and unfortunately, it was as I suspected, cold old, and I should have gone with my gut.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My friend dragged me along here, after being given a recommendation by someone "who never recommends anything".... Heard that one before!

Western Road, is hardly known as a culinary mecca, in Brighton, and is occupied by the normal junk food eateries that one would expect to see.

This location of this place is a little odd, but don't let that put you off in the slightest, it's awesome! On arriving at the door, and walking in, I was shocked. The place is really beautifully laid out and has a fantastic vibe. The window is filled with the most stunning cakes and Italian style ice creams. The food counter (kind of a served buffet style) is off the charts. There are about 6 or 7 gourmet salads that just burst with colour, freshness and flavour. You can have a combo of salads or add some stunning chicken, grilled salmon, baked (filled )filo pastries, an awesome looking escalope, some stews etc etc.

The freshness and flavours are phenomenal. Did not try the cakes, but had a coffee and a giant meringue and was equally impressed.

The staff are very attentive and will run you through the options and ingredients. V friendly and pleasant to deal with.

Got to be honest, this place way way way exceeded my expectations - high conviction recommendation!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Originally I stopped here to pick up a salad box to eat on my way home, it was so good that I arranged to come back and eat in with my wife. We live too far away from Brighton to just pop in but it seemed a necessary mission. It was not a wasted trip, I would like their recipes. I only wish there was a Foodilic near us.

It's healthy, cheap and tasty :D

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great food, served fresh, lots of choice, loads of salads, so healthy, so tasty, so nice. And I can eat as much as I want for £6.
Its the best little find in Brighton and we go here everytime we visit. Its brilliant - staff are great, Fantastic concept.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Delicious original salands, and other food i havent tried, different each time I come. Generous portions too.
Only negaive is the very uncomfortable hads heavy and unsteady stools. And a shame they close at 9pm.