“DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“DO NOT EAT HERE!!!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I cannot believe this restaurant is not ranked lower than what it is. I find it hard to believe there are approx 150 worse places to eat in Brighton according to Tripadvisor.
- party of 14 booked for an evening meal on a Saturday
- we had to take our own order as the waitress did a runner from our table
- the starter took approx 40 mins to turn up
- very poor selection of food (approx 3 choices)
- plates not cleared up, we did this ourselves as we didn't want to sit in mess
- the mains then took approx another hour from the point we finished our starters
- the 'manager' of this place should be sacked. How on earth she got that job is beyond me. She had no people skills, was rude and her last intention as to help us and resolve the issues we had.

DO NOT GO HERE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!

3 Thank Cdward88

Cambridge
“"Manager" needs sacking”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

In all of the restaurants I have eaten in this has been the most disgusting - in every way!
We had to order our own food, waited at least 2 hours between pathetic courses! Starter was a child's portion & the main came out cold with "garnish" that looked as though it had been sat on!
The manager had the most appalling attitude I've ever seen & I don't think any of the staff have ever heard of customer service!
I'd have been better off going to McDonalds! AVOID!!!

3 Thank S1C3L
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Disgusting”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Worst restaurant experience I have ever had. Maybe because we pre paid as part of a hen do we were less important than other customers. Ordered our own drinks and food after being ignored - twice. Staff upset our Bride to be massively by refusing to listen to her while she made a complaint (third one ignored by this point). Waitress lied saying she was the manager so we couldn't complain. Food was horrendously late, undercooked and cold. I've never wanted to leave somewhere so fast in my life. Disgusting. attitude to customers.

5 Thank xLil-Dx
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Horrific”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

I was in this restaurant on saturday with a hen party. We had booked as part of a package and there were 14 of us. When we arrived the manager waa friendly enough however the set menu we were given had 3 options only for each course.
The manager came to take our order and then wandered off halfway through so one of our party had to write our orders down and take them to her. 40 minutes later I received my pathetic excuse for a starter. An hour after our plates had been cleared we still hadn't had our mains, the restaurant was not busy enough to warrant the wait and although there were 14 of us there was a very limited variety of meals they needed to make. Some of our party tried to complain to which we were told 'well there is 14 of you and youri being very loud' as though this was an excuse. The manager then tried to blame some of our party for arriving 15 minutes late and then decided to try and say we had only been there for 40 minutes. By this point we were all starving and late for our next activity. We tried to complain again and were basically told if we didn't like it we could leave and the manager turned her back to us. When our food arrived (2 hours after we had) I waa livid. A fish cake. What looked like mcains oven chips and around 10 rocket leaves. No sauce, nothing. It was horrendous. Those who ordered steak said it was cold, one girl ordered pasta without mushrooms and had mushrooms in it. One girl ordered the same pasta dish and got something different altogether. I cannot stress enough how awful it was. I know there were a lot of us but if they can't cater for large parties then don't book them. I wish I could mark it as zero for all categories. AVOID THIS RESTAURANT

7 Thank lyndabakewell
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

In all the years of eating out in Brighton this was the first time I have ever sent the food back and left to find somewhere else to eat.

we ordered Moules et frittes and Steak (medium rare) and Frittes. Firstly we waited ages for our cocktails to turn up and when they did they arrived with the bread we ordered plus the main course. The medium rare steak was quite tough and the mussels were awful. Full of grit and stringy. After 4 my wife and guest said they couldn't eat any more. We sent them back and (reluctantly) ordered steaks. After finishing my meal we queried where the replacement steaks were and was told that other people were waiting for their food and were before us.

As I had finished we cancelled the order,paid for what we had (no tip) and left, never to return.

4 Thank Richsimon69