“The food was nice but the service was underwhelming.”
Review of VBites Brighton

VBites Brighton
Ranked #243 of 1,124 Restaurants in Brighton
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Truro, United Kingdom
“The food was nice but the service was underwhelming.”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I visited with my boyfriend today and we both had burgers which were nice. The sweet potato chips were lovely. Our waitress seemed very disinterested in her job which came across as rude. Although the food was nice I don't know if we would go back, there are friendlier places in Brighton with good vegan food.

2 Thank Charlotte A

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Great food for all”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I'm not a vegan but the friend I was travelling with is so we came here twice, once for lunch in the week and once for the Sunday roast.

The choice food is fantastic,ranging from salads and wraps, pizzas and burgers to other "pub classics". I had a bean burger with fries and my friend had a pizza, both of which we thoroughly enjoyed. On Sunday we both had the turkey roast with roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, stuffing and a variety if vegetables...we were too full for cake afterwards.

The staff are extremely friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. Weekday meals average £7-9 and the Sunday roast was £10. There is also a wide selection of hot and cold drinks, including smoothies and milkshakes.

Would definitely come and would recommend to vegans and non-vegans alike.

• Visited August 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“The worst vegetarian food I've had in Brighton”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Terrible, bland food - overdoing the soya protein with little imagination. Also, felt like I was within a creche as everyone seemed to have an unhappy baby that day!

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank lizmorris
London, United Kingdom
“Meat-free dishes that pretend to be meat. Why?”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I discovered this vegan cafe/take-away while looking for a late snack lunch during a day trip to Brighton. Once we’d found a menu, we discovered that VBites mainly serves vegan dishes designed to look and taste just like meat — meatless meaty burgers, chickenless “chicky” dishes, fish-free “fishy” and chips, etc. We don’t understand this. If you eschew meat, why chew pretend meat? There are many delicious vegan dishes that are not engineered to resemble meat.

Anyway, we decided to stay. My wife ordered the falafel wrap, which was just about the only dish on the menu that was not masquerading as meat or fish. I decided to try the “hoisin ducky” wrap, in which the chunks of vegan “ducky” had been constructed to have both the flavour and texture of real duck meat. Nevertheless, I enjoyed it, which is more than I can say for my drink choice, since my “liquorice and mint iced tea” tasted like liquid toothpaste.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank MrAndrewHaynes
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

So much choice. Nice how they have alternatives to almost everything.
Amazing value, most places overcharge for vegan cakes etc.
Would like to see more healthy items on the menu (tempeh etc. instead of processed alternatives) but great for lunch once in a while.
Staff are lovely and attentive.

• Visited June 2014